Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
It's more of a slip-in really since the triple clamp holds the bar tube :lol:

All of my shit's supposed to be here today, only most of it still says it's in Atlanta so I doubt I'll actually get any of it today.

Oh and of course the valve shims haven't been updated in 11 days, but the est time on those was Jan 13th - Mar 6th. I'll give them until Jan 15th to at least update, then I'm ordering the other kit through Amazon prime :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
:smackself:

As much as I don't like cruisers, Victory made a better bike than Harley for 1/3 the price... Why shut them down to focus on the "heritage" brand that's been shut down and reopened countless times?

94RS

No fucks given.
Indian, Polaris, RZR, Victory, Arctic Cat, Slingshot... All the same s***. Indian even has a model that's basically rebadged Victory :lol:

Apparently they're taking a note from when Harley canned Buell and MV Agusta, and getting rid of the products that attract younger buyers to focus on the "heritage" market.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Finally have everything... but the valve shims of course :lol:

Cut the chain off with a sawzall because I felt like destroying something :rolf:

Now to paint the wheel, brake caliper. Clean wheel bearings, put fresh grease in them. Some more odds and ends cleaning while the wheel is off, then put it all back together with the new chain+sprockets, and the $20 brand new brake pads :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
Is was either that or repaint it... and I didn't feel like masking all that bullshit off for a half assed paint job :lol:

R13

The other asshole
My point stands :rolf:

I was standing back just looking at it after I got the grimey rusty chain and the dirty ass back wheel off of it, and I thought to myself... "this bike looks a lot cleaner with all this shit off of it" :lol:

I bet as soon as I put it all back together it'll barely look any better than it used to :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
I bet as soon as you put the tank back on you'll be like: "this thing looks like a piece of shit" :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
Probably :lol:

With the tank and the fairings back on the new chain will be about the only visible improvement.

Side note: Eagle one tire cleaner is fucking amazing for removing old built up chain lube/grease/gunk :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Never used any of their other shit, the tire cleaner is some of the best shit I've used though.

94RS

No fucks given.
I've used one of their car wash shampoos before... It was on par with that Black Magic shit you can buy for like $3

Idk how the hell it happened, but somehow I ended up buying enough Meguiars products to fill up an 18gal storage tote :rolf:. The only things that aren't Megs products are a can of Turtle Wax super hard shell (that I used once) and Mothers aluminum polish.