RHD conversion project

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
So I'm gonna take my time to post pictures,videos and answer anybody who needs help or have questions. I have been wanting to do this for along time and everytime I came across someone's project they always left some details out and made me wonder how to accomplish this "hard" task. For some of you it may not be hard to do this due to tools,and experience. This is my FIRST time doing a conversion.
**WHATEVER YOU DO TO YOUR CAR I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT*** let it be known

So I started off with the basics. Remove your fenders and bumper. Some of you might buy a conversion with the JAP FRONT. I didn't. I only bought the rhd conversion...
Anyways your car will look like this

Too easy (as we say in the military)

Now the second I decided to tackle the dashboard. There is a DIY online how to remove it. I followed it a succeeded, there's a bunch of wires by the drivers side that need to be unplugged,take your time..

**OFF TOPIC** I wanna thank my wife for helping me with this project btw. She bought the car for me so we could have something to do together that we both enjoy doing.

Here's a pic of the dashboard out of the car

Another one inside the car

Now next I decided to start taking the sensors,ecu plugs,radiators,small things off the car.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
So I'm gonna take my time to post pictures,videos and answer anybody who needs help or have questions. I have been wanting to do this for along time and everytime I came across someone's project they always left some details out and made me wonder how to accomplish this "hard" task. For some of you it may not be hard to do this due to tools,and experience. This is my FIRST time doing a conversion.
**WHATEVER YOU DO TO YOUR CAR I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT*** let it be known

So I started off with the basics. Remove your fenders and bumper. Some of you might buy a conversion with the JAP FRONT. I didn't. I only bought the rhd conversion...
Anyways your car will look like this

Too easy (as we say in the military)

Now the second I decided to tackle the dashboard. There is a DIY online how to remove it. I followed it a succeeded, there's a bunch of wires by the drivers side that need to be unplugged,take your time..

**OFF TOPIC** I wanna thank my wife for helping me with this project btw. She bought the car for me so we could have something to do together that we both enjoy doing.

Here's a pic of the dashboard out of the car

Another one inside the car

Now next I decided to start taking the sensors,ecu plugs,radiators,small things off the car.

Here's a picture of the conversion

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
I just removed the axles. It took a long time because they were all messed up. I removed all the fluids (oil,tranny fluid)

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Man you trust yourself doing this? All power to you. Goodluck. Cant wait to see the final.

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
Man you trust yourself doing this? All power to you. Goodluck. Cant wait to see the final.
Lol the only thing I'll have someone else do is the welding. I have a buddy that has been welding since 1987 lol.

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
subd. I'm guessing you gotta cut and weld the new firewall in, right?
It's all spot welds. This project will take alittle while to be completed. I'm a soldier so I'm always busy with work. I'm hoping by February to have it completed.

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
yeah thats what i was talking mostly about, the welding. its definitely a BIG project. are you cutting your self? and you have to let your insurance and state know of the conversion right?

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
yeah thats what i was talking mostly about, the welding. its definitely a BIG project. are you cutting your self? and you have to let your insurance and state know of the conversion right?
Yes I'm cutting everything myself. And as far as I'm concerned I don't have to let anybody know. I'm keeping my VIN numbers. I'll deff call the dmv today to make sure

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
wouldnt it be easier to just import a car now?
importing is such a pain in the ass with all the dumb ass DOT requirements. and the importers want an arm and a leg for street legal JDM cars here.. atleast it's a BIT cheaper this why and he gets to learn something new.

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
i hope your insurance doesnt just sky rocket lol
So I called the dmv,insurance,and law enforcement. The dmv said "if the vehicle is registered then it's legal as long as you have the vin numbers"
Law enforcement said" it's legal as long as you have the original vin numbers"
Insurance said" any vehicle modification they no longer will insure it"..

Rodrigo Souza