RHD conversion project

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
So I called the dmv,insurance,and law enforcement. The dmv said "if the vehicle is registered then it's legal as long as you have the vin numbers"
Law enforcement said" it's legal as long as you have the original vin numbers"
Insurance said" any vehicle modification they no longer will insure it"..

Rodrigo Souza
lmfao just tell them you're not doing it anymore. not like they see it

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
How is it hard? Throw on US doors, weld a front bumper on and youre done.
I called my buddy that imports vehicles he said it takes 4-6 months for it to get to usa. He said first step is going thru a list of vehicles that are being auctioned. He said usually you pick 3 vehicles as options. Then he calls his buddies that do actions in japan. Then they go to the action and hope that they have the vehicle of choice,if not they pick the other one you chose. Then they buy it and have to wait until a container is available to come to usa. He quoted me 5-12k for a type r. 15-18k for a skyline gts.
It's way more money than converting and at least with converting you get to work on it and be proud you know?

Rodrigo Souza

SoundEfx

Good luck man.
And screw the insurance company. That is what they are doing to you every month anyway....lol

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
So today's the day the we take the engine out. Also wanna thank my buddy Brandon and my buddy Sam for helping me with this project. We started by taking the manifold out (pain in the ass btw) the shift linkage and the rest of the sensors

Rodrigo Souza

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
On Monday the 28th the RHD conversion gets to my house finally. I unfortunately won't be here so project is going to be on hold. As I stated before by the end of February beginning of March the car should be on the road

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
what are you waiting for!!!?!

Open it and make sure all parts coming out. :)
the stupid military is keeping him hostage (stupid in the loosest term, love our military and country for the record lol and thank you for serving) ... we just want to see this damn project done...THANKS OBAMA haha

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
the stupid military is keeping him hostage (stupid in the loosest term, love our military and country for the record lol and thank you for serving) ... we just want to see this damn project done...THANKS OBAMA haha
Haha I appreciate it man. The project should be done by February I hope. I need to get a few things to start taking the firewall out. I need the drills and drill bits and I need the welding machine. Waiting for income tax to get the welding machine. My buddy that does the welding portion said he can knock the portion in half a day haha

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Haha I appreciate it man. The project should be done by February I hope. I need to get a few things to start taking the firewall out. I need the drills and drill bits and I need the welding machine. Waiting for income tax to get the welding machine. My buddy that does the welding portion said he can knock the portion in half a day haha

Rodrigo Souza
how much did the clip run you?

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
Actually cheaper than I thought it would be. I bought it from http://www.jshmotors.com/jdm-dc2-integra-right-hard-drive-conversion-_p256.php for 399.99 shipping ran me 250.00 delivered at my door. With a total cost for everything of 649.99. So honestly if you know how to pull the engine out and know how to weld,I suggest you do a conversion instead of having one imported.

Rodrigo Souza
deciding whether to save for an JDM ITR or just build my DC4 into something that will get just as many looks. and honestly i can do a RHD Conversion and get an ITR swap for cheaper than importing the DC2 chassis. so idk might be fun doing everything. can see the hate for putting so much effort into a 97 LS but idc i love this car lol

Completely fine with a Poor Mans ITR ... but instead of the LSV people usually do.. actually drop an ITR motor into it. so all id be missing is that DC2 VIN

Last edited: