RHD conversion project

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
deciding whether to save for an JDM ITR or just build my DC4 into something that will get just as many looks. and honestly i can do a RHD Conversion and get an ITR swap for cheaper than importing the DC2 chassis. so idk might be fun doing everything. can see the hate for putting so much effort into a 97 LS but idc i love this car lol

Completely fine with a Poor Mans ITR
I had a 89 integra and that was my baby. My first official car that I bought with my own money. So I was proud of it. Had it for 3 years and decided I wanted to try something else. So I sold IT . INSTANT REGRET.

Bought a 92 240sx coupe. Yea it was fun for a month,did a engine swap cause the one in the car was blown. Gave me alot of problems. Sold it 2 weeks before I left for basic training. DON'T MISS THE CAR AT ALL.

Finished basic and AIT,decided to get a 1990 miata B package(hardtop etc) got really bored within 2 months. Sold it.DONT MISS AT ALL

instantly got a 2001 jetta Wolfsburg edition. YA turbo spool, kind of fast. But EXPENSIVE PERFORMANCE PARTS. Sold it.. DON'T MISS IT.

Then I left to California for training for a month. Came home and saw the Integra parked in the front (1994 Integra with a gsr swap and b16 tranny)

Asked my wife who that was lol,she said it's OURS,I know how much you loved your Integra and decided to buy you one for us to work on together. She couldn't find a G1 integra around so she found this one and for 1200 she got it.

That's my story haha

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
I had a 89 integra and that was my baby. My first official car that I bought with my own money. So I was proud of it. Had it for 3 years and decided I wanted to try something else. So I sold IT . INSTANT REGRET.

Bought a 92 240sx coupe. Yea it was fun for a month,did a engine swap cause the one in the car was blown. Gave me alot of problems. Sold it 2 weeks before I left for basic training. DON'T MISS THE CAR AT ALL.

Finished basic and AIT,decided to get a 1990 miata B package(hardtop etc) got really bored within 2 months. Sold it.DONT MISS AT ALL

instantly got a 2001 jetta Wolfsburg edition. YA turbo spool, kind of fast. But EXPENSIVE PERFORMANCE PARTS. Sold it.. DON'T MISS IT.

Then I left to California for training for a month. Came home and saw the Integra parked in the front (1994 Integra with a gsr swap and b16 tranny)

Asked my wife who that was lol,she said it's OURS,I know how much you loved your Integra and decided to buy you one for us to work on together. She couldn't find a G1 integra around so she found this one and for 1200 she got it.

That's my story haha

Rodrigo Souza
yeah man, this is the first car i bought after i got my license ( im 21 got my license 2 months ago) it was suspended for like 3 years from me being dumb going 120 on the highway a couple times when i was 18 with no license lol. but im instantly hooked on integras after driving this one. i dont ever see myself in something else . i know they arent the fastest, or even powerful but i love driving them and just they overall fun working on hondas for me and learning. im completely fine with a car getting 200 to the wheels and just driving it as a daily and stuff.

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
So I opened the box and everything was there and amazingly taken care off. All we need to do is drill the spot welds. Brandon is over helping me. More pics today guys.

And the coolest part is deff the key lol

Rodrigo Souza

Alfredg94

Shou Ga Nai
That sweet bro! I thought you bout the whole clip. But basically just the firewall and came with everthing. Did It come with the leather dash and type r steering wheel and everything as well?

HRubss

I'm a gearheAd
Post pictures when doing the entire install! Will definitely help future members out :mrgreen:

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
That sweet bro! I thought you bout the whole clip. But basically just the firewall and came with everthing. Did It come with the leather dash and type r steering wheel and everything as well?
Nah it didn't come with the steering wheel, but it did come with the center console which I'm glad haha

Rodrigo Souza

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
Post pictures when doing the entire install! Will definitely help future members out :mrgreen:
Yea man I plan on taking as much pics as possible,specially with the spot welds and all.

Rodrigo Souza

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza

I circled the spot welds as I found them. It's dark out and hopefully tomorw the rhd firewall will be out. I'll post more pics and some videos tomorw.

Rodrigo Souza

armysouza

Rodrigo Souza
alright guys so this is whats going on.
we got the rhd firewall out and we started taking the main things out of the left hand drive now.(steering rack, booster etc)
so after many thoughts and ideas, my buddy Brandon and I decided that we are NOT going to flip the wires 180 degrees.
why not? some of you may ask.
ill explain as much as I can.

since I wont have AC or heater(personal choice) I decided to run the wires the way they are. in a RHD car the interior fuse box goes on the right side under the dash. so we decided to keep the fuse box on the LEFT side where it was. and if we have to we will extend some wires from the steering rack(ignition etc) to the left side. it will be much easier for this project and plus whos going to go inside my car, under the dash and look if the fuse box is on the left or right? NOBODY lol.
also another problem we're going to run to is the master switch for the power windows and locks. so what we will do is extend the wires on the left side to the right side. I am deleting the ABS so no more of that big ass abs module crap, and the RHD doesn't come with AIRBAGS so less wires and less weigh. so far everything is going as planned, the major problem we had taking the firewall out was under the side panels there was 3-4 spot welds that we couldn't get to it unless we removed the side panel shell, took us awhile to discover that, but starting sunday (01/11) we are starting to remove the LHD firewall, we will try to get it all in one piece instead of cutting like some people do. but this is the stuff you WILL need

1. spot weld cutter(harbor freight) =5 bucks each. (get a bunch of them and save yourself a trip if its far, i already broke 4..., and you can flip them also)

2. drill and also a wire brush(itll save you a lot of time and headache for the damn silicone goo crap)

3.chizel or pribar(this isn't a MUST but it helps to pull pieces apart)

4.1/8 drill bit(get COBALT) honestly youll prob need a handful of these bits because some of them will break and you want to PRE drill ALL spot welds because if you don't the spot weld cutter will slip and run and you will break them(that's why i broke so many btw)

5. BEER and CIGARETTES and FRIENDS (if you smoke or drink, or have friends hahaha. itll make time go by and a lot will get done if you have a buddy to help)

honestly that's all ive been using so far. if anything else pops out ill add to it.

(i might be getting HIP SURGERY soon so im trying to hurry and getting the hard part done before)