**How To Remove Side Moldings** (pics) 94-01

JDMb20DC2

Well after all the threads and other integra websites, no one has a D.I.Y about removing side moldings, it takes 30minutes depending how slow you are but i figured this out all by myself when i got bored and decided to remove my side moldings.

**IF YOU PLAN ON SHAVING YOUR MOLDINGS THAN YOU CAN DO IT THE EASY WAY**

Un screw this piece and the side molding will become loose which u can start to pull off. Just pull enough where the plastic pieces are visible and use some dike plyers to cut off each plastic part to break free from the molding. Use a flat head screw driver to prye the other small molding on the quater panel and use the dike plyers to cut the clips (the moldings will be runied but i'm sure you won't be putting them back on unless your switching to the JDM side moldings or replacing them, and if you are please follow the directions after this)

Remove door panels:

I didn't get pictures on how to remove the door panel but here is a picture from TI: Use a basic Phillips screw driver to remove all screws.

Remove the screw that is here:

You may be able to remove with your fingers but if its too hard just get some grip plyers to loosen it & it should come off.

Each red circle is where each clip is, thats holding the molding. You can remove the clips with your hands no tools needed.

There are 2 clips that are not shown in the pictures which are hidden but just make sure you check twice for the white clips.

Once you remove all the clips the side molding should come off. Just make sure each clip is off so you won't break anything. There is a total of 6 clips & 1 screw on the DOOR molding.

To remove the other side molding ON THE LEFT SIDE:

You will need to remove the interior piece to get access to the clips. I circled the area where the clips are since you can't see them in the picture. They are 3 red clips.

(IF you plan on removing the moldings for GOOD, just use a flat head screw driver to prye the molding off enough to cut the first clip with your dike plyers, and do the same with the other 2 clips instead of removing the interior piece)

You have officially removed your side moldings. Now go get them shaved and painted and you will be done. Any questions about this write up, please feel free to PM me. I hope everybody understands this write up, its really easy to remove the moldings. I did it without re-searching how to remove the moldings (thats what boredom does to you LOL) so hopefully you can figure this out, if not please do not pick up a tool and slap yourself.

mirrorimg

"Shaving" the moldings means filling in the holes and painting it over. There will be no holes there for you to install the moldings on.

You can try to "re-install" with some double sided tape, but you wont know how long that will last. Some cars came with moldings taped to the door, I know my old Intrepid did.

I also suggest leaving the moldings on until you get the time/money to actually do the work. Driving around with holes in your doors is not cool, and it will let a bit of water in (more than normal) during storms.

j13

Keep It Clean
Why would you want moldings of you already have them shaved and painted...

Cool DIY btw

McMahon

JackTuned
Yea I did this to my LS. I kept the ones on the GS-R (black anyways so it looks fine) and they ones on the GS are painted the same color as the car so it looks fine.

OKNOE.

"Shaving" the moldings means filling in the holes and painting it over. There will be no holes there for you to install the moldings on.

You can try to "re-install" with some double sided tape, but you wont know how long that will last. Some cars came with moldings taped to the door, I know my old Intrepid did.

I also suggest leaving the moldings on until you get the time/money to actually do the work. Driving around with holes in your doors is not cool, and it will let a bit of water in (more than normal) during storms.

...i bought this car with the moldings already shaved and painted
so there arent any holes at all

which is kinda my main problem.
i was thinking about gluing or even taping a new set on there.
but im not even sure of where there supposed to be considering theres no holes...

you say you had moldings taped on your inrepid?
how long did that hold up?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
...i bought this car with the moldings already shaved and painted
so there arent any holes at all

which is kinda my main problem.
i was thinking about gluing or even taping a new set on there.
but im not even sure of where there supposed to be considering theres no holes...

you say you had moldings taped on your inrepid?
how long did that hold up?
3m double sided tape

mirrorimg

Double sided foam tape to be exact. They were installed like that from the factory. A small portion started peeling up before I got rid of it. It was a 2000 model, and I got rid of it around 2008?

mirrorimg

I would use the one with the red plastic coating. The white one looks more like a household/industrial use tape.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they are both good since they are 3m products. i would even get toyota weather stripping... that stuff is some good shit

72Spitfire

Can you get new mounting pieces? Use them AND double sided tape. I currently have my passenger side off fixing rust on it and not bothered looking for the new mounting brackets yet. I'm weird, I like the side moldings so don't flame me!