What mods should I get for my GSR????

GSR94

I need some advise on buying a exaust. how much of a dinference is between the stock and a cat back exaust system. should I get an intake, clutch and light wait flywheel and maybe ajustible cam gears to get alot of the horse power I already have down to the wheels, or should I work on exaust first? Open to any sugjestions.:???:

JimmyRos.

07 BMW 328Xi
currently im running DC 4-1 ceramic header - ITR cat - 5 zigen axleback. good growl. and VTEC screams like a monster. its a low burrrrrrrrrrr under 2K then opens up at 2.5K and so on. its good to have the whole setup from front to back to rid of air restrictions. can't gain power with just the exhaust alone.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
GSR94 said:
I need some advise on buying a exaust. how much of a dinference is between the stock and a cat back exaust system. should I get an intake, clutch and light wait flywheel and maybe ajustible cam gears to get alot of the horse power I already have down to the wheels, or should I work on exaust first? Open to any sugjestions.:???:
If you decide to buy an aftermarket exhaust system, you should be expecting an increse of 5whp at the most. SInce you're planning on getting an exhaust, I recommend you also get an intake system. More particularly, a cold-old air intake. If you want, getting an aftermarket clutch and flywheel will definitely increase the performance of your ride. I dont advise you get cam gears unless you get cams too. My opinion would be to work on suspension before your engine mods. Well, that's what I'm doing right now. I focus on balance more than power. That's why I beat 350Zs on the downhill.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
no fuck all that, buy a 2.5 inch exhaust, save your money and piece together a turbo kit. we have a parts list on here. you could find all the parts for 1000-1200$ why waste your money on little shit that will gain you nothing.

intake 200$
header250$
exhaust 350$
cam gears 200$
all that will equal 20-25 extra whp and you spent 1000$ already.

when you can boost it and get triple the amount of power for close to the same price. i don't think its a hard choice.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
slow_99integra said:
no fuck all that, buy a 2.5 inch exhaust, save your money and piece together a turbo kit. we have a parts list on here. you could find all the parts for 1000-1200$ why waste your money on little shit that will gain you nothing.

intake 200$
header250$
exhaust 350$
cam gears 200$

when you can boost it and get triple the amount of power for close to the same price. i don't think its a hard choice.
not if your cheap and shop around lol

My setup is DC 421 header, carsound hi flow cat, and apexi N1 loud:lol: but not ricey. at least for me it has a nice deep growl and cracks open at Vtec screams like a mother.

Intake $100 first mod i ever got.
Header $50
Exhaust $220
Cat $30
i got all my shit off craigslist locally.

GSR94

slow_99integra said:

intake 200$
header250$
exhaust 350$
cam gears 200$

If I get a turbo I want my moter to beable to handle it. this is my daily driver and i can't have it breaken down all the time. before I get a turbo I want to get knew pistons, sleeve's and all the internal goodies. I would beable to run it att alot higher psi like that also. I get what your sayin though and if I did'nt have to take it to work everyday i'd do it in a heart beat.8)

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
i was cheap too

dc ceramic 4-2-1 header $175
apexi n1 $350
intake was free.

iMoJDMteg

Banned
I agree with you GSR94, i drive mine daily and ive had mine broken down for months, thank god for back up cars :D . none the less, i enjoy driving my teg from time to time. And i believe your going to right route at the moment.

Ive done some mods to the engine, nothing to brag tho... spent decent prices for good stuff.
Apex N1 Catback - 600
AEM CAI - 200
AEM Fuel Filter - 70
AEM Rail - 100
AEM Pullys - 100
Toda Timeing Belt - 140

I need some headers ((><))

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i like N/A... mainly cause you can build your motor piece by piece and still be able to drive, instead of dishing out $2000 with 1 purchase and it'll require more parts.

GSR94

I agree and my car is going to be bult up over time as the money comes in. I'm working two jobs right know just so I can get started.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Are you going to build your engine internally (cams, pistons, ect) or just do the bolt-on's (intake, header, high flow cat, exhaust)?

Are you going for a midrange powerband, or a high rpm powerband?