How To: Is350 Pedal Light Replica

m0nkey

Well since my other thread had gotten deleted im going to make a new one in the how to section. Ok my idea is to make a Replica of the IS350 Pedal Light. If anyone has ever been inside of an is350 at night, when you switch to your parking/Head lights you will notice a little led shinney down at the feet area on both the driver and passenger side.

I got the idea from both an IS350 and a Prelude Forum Located Here

Well another person on the forum has redirected me to this diagram (i have a 94 integra)

This picture shows where i will wire the leds to so that i can have the power when i turn my parking/headlights on. (I decided not to wire up the postive wire this way since i wanted to solder all the wires inside my house where its cooler.)

But instead of using the four leds modules like the guy on the prelude forum i was going to use only two leds per modules. Because on the IS350's the leds are not really that bright so they dont distract your eyes while your driving.

I bought the leds here

This is a strip of 8 modules with 2 leds on each of them. So I will only use 2 out of the 8 moduels per car. I will cut the moduels so we wont have to order that many. (cost me only 14.95 shipped to my door) Also i know the wires will be a little bit short so i was going to solder some addition wires to extend it.

I just bought the leds yesturday night so it should be coming it either this week or next week.

I will keep you guys updated on how it turns out when i get the leds.

Thanks all comments are welcome. [:^:]

Update![/FONT]

Tools Used -

Supplies

-In Line Fuse
-1 Amp Fuse 4 pack
-Switch
-Wires

I found out that the Red/Black is the wire with the 12v power. So now everyone knows![/FONT]

How my circuit is going to be.

Here is a picture of the Positive wire wired up! soldered and taped. (All i need now is a switch and the leds)

Hopefully the leds come on before the weekend so i can finish it up this weekends. Thanks will keep yall updated once i received the leds. [:D]

Leds came in today!!!![/FONT]

My Mugen Power Camera Battery Charger (its jdm huh?)

All i need now is to get some addition wires to solder it to the leds so i can make it longer and also get switch. Than they are going into the car.

Going to get the switches/wires tomorrow

Got the switches and wires today and i finished it up here are some pictures.

I installed my Switch inside where my cigarette lighter use to be. It's a really nice fit and its not going anywhere. [:^:]

The things i needed to take out so i can install the switch and run the wires inside where the cigarette lighter was.

Finish Product!!!

Ready to go inside the car

Installed

Will get more pictures after it gets dark! :lol:

Last edited:

speedin

The Transporter
I agree with the above. But I will complement on the clean install. I mean you could have gone mexican rice and got a led fighter pilot style switch. But really.... I think it would be MUCH MUCH classyer if you just wired them to be your REAL footwell lights. You know..... Open the doors they come on.... Then slowly dim off. No switch needed. Then they stay off while driving. That would be nice. Maybe you should try it like that :D. I mean while driving why do you need footwell lighting???

m0nkey

I agree with the above. But I will complement on the clean install. I mean you could have gone mexican rice and got a led fighter pilot style switch. But really.... I think it would be MUCH MUCH classyer if you just wired them to be your REAL footwell lights. You know..... Open the doors they come on.... Then slowly dim off. No switch needed. Then they stay off while driving. That would be nice. Maybe you should try it like that :D. I mean while driving why do you need footwell lighting???
if someone can please tell me which wire to connect the power to will try it out. I was thinking about doing it that way but i did not know which wire to get the 12v power from.

speedin

The Transporter
if someone can please tell me which wire to connect the power to will try it out. I was thinking about doing it that way but i did not know which wire to get the 12v power from.
Its been while since my teg........ But dont they have footwell bulbs already?????

If not... Run a wire from your domelight. Or find where the domelight wires are traveling. But youll have to pull down the headliner.

Anyone have a diagram of where those wires are running?

So yea, check for OEM footwell lights (yours might have been blown out). Then if that fails, find the domelight wires.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
the dome light should be ruinnin along the a pillar...i know on mycar they are runnin on ths c pillar and i found that odd..

Jake..your a ricer now

speedin

The Transporter
the dome light should be ruinnin along the a pillar...i know on mycar they are runnin on ths c pillar and i found that odd..

Jake..your a ricer now
A.....you mean B. I think the B-pillar would be the dome. A the map lights. and C.... well thats odd. Unless it was a wagon with 2 dome lights. Did you convert your Neon to a wagon? LOL

Just drop the headliner. Not that hard

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
A.....you mean B. I think the B-pillar would be the dome. A the map lights. and C.... well thats odd. Unless it was a wagon with 2 dome lights. Did you convert your Neon to a wagon? LOL

Just drop the headliner. Not that hard
i promise you the c-pillar..i dont know bout the srt4 but i know the 1st gen neons are run like that

nautica_t

not my thing, i would only use it as courtesy lights, such as when the door opens, other than i think its pointless.
but +1 for you on the clean install.