JVT Headers

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I've never heard of them. But like you said if KTeller made them...how can they be garbage?

Hope somone can chime in and let us know.

Kev...you looking for headers?

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Yeah but not immediately. My pay checks aren't very large since I'm only 17. I'm ordering my Replica Type-R Lip on Thursday and I'm probably gonna have $80 left in my bank. So i can't be buying all these Mugen, Spoon, Hytech, Comptech, etc. headers cause I just don't have the funds.

But anyways, why do you ask? (Not intended to have attitude in that question)

Last edited:

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
go with the JVT Racing or the other stainless steel versions we have on there. Megan racing, etc are all decent items for a cheaper price if you dont plan on having it forever
I was searching on Honda-Tech and I found this thread. This is one of the associates replies to one of the HT members asking if those headers are good or not.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Depends on how much it is. And it is a 2.5 collector right? lol. To tell you the truth I don't know much about cars so I'm about to ask a very very noobish question. (Don't Hate)

Do the ITR Headers Perform as well, or better, than some aftermarket headers. For example, the DC Sports Header(Not the race one) or maybe a GReddy SUS Header?

Again. I'm not that knowledgeable so bare with me.

g3teg97

Super Moderator
The ITR doesn't have a 2.5" collector. It's a little bit less than 2" and the LS is a little smaller as well.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Oh okay so 2.5" isn't really necessary then? I guess that "You have to pay to play" phrase is coming into mind now. I really don't have the money for Mugen, Comptech, Spoon, etc. headers so I'm just looking around for decent ones.

Is it correct that getting a 1 piece header is much better than a 2 piece header since I don't have to worry about having leaks where the 2 piece header connects?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It's not that with a two piece your going to have leaks, I think it has more to do with a disruption in air flow. Man you don't need an expensive header. I mean your talking about 1-2 hp differences, things you will never even notice. Really you putting any header on there won't really net you any power differences, but if you just want one don't go all out, get a Megan or one of those Kteller ones. Also if your still running a stock cat there is no point so forget about the header, go buy a high flow cat first. Or get a test pipe.

mattrt09

It's not that with a two piece your going to have leaks, I think it has more to do with a disruption in air flow. Man you don't need an expensive header. I mean your talking about 1-2 hp differences, things you will never even notice. Really you putting any header on there won't really net you any power differences, but if you just want one don't go all out, get a Megan or one of those Kteller ones. Also if your still running a stock cat there is no point so forget about the header, go buy a high flow cat first. Or get a test pipe.
x2

and i wouldnt buy a DC header if i was you ive heard alot of bad things about them.

but i understand where your comin from thought man im 17 to and i dont have much money so i just bought a megan racing header for pretty cheap. its all the same really

if i were you i would get that JVT header and get a magnaflow hi flow cat from ebay for 50 bucks.

K. Legaspi

You Buggin' Out
Okay. Thanks for all the help. I'm probably gonna get the Invidia Test Pipe and get a JVT or Megan header. I'm trying to keep my motor set-up simple and focus more on handling so I've got a lot of things planned for my suspension set-up.

Thanks again for the help.

Gotta love CI's patience with noobs. :p