Skunk2 short shifter issue

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
im sorry if its wrong section but this is best way to get your attention because i can see lot people like to check what gong on in I3rd generation acura integra (94-01).. anyways

Today I installed skunk2 short shifter. im so exciting to have it in my teg. I did drive with it in teg. it was amazing.... till I stop at red light and jus play with knob. i realized that the shifter is very loose. I mean when i put it in one gear and move it from east to west. it was very loose. i felt like i play with my D***. that what i feel like when i play with shifter in one or two gear. I dont know if its normal because i cant remmy what i felt when i use stock one before. i already forget... So i went under my car n see what's mssing. no missed. My question is when i put it in one, two, or three gear, i move shifter from east to west and west to east.. it was loose.. is it normal or something wrong with it???

im sorry if i didnt do good in grammer because english isnt my first language. American sign language is my first language. if you dont get it, please ask me again. thanks!

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID

you see two parts in middle of it.. i removed it. all i use is thicker washer, and bolt

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
i jus followed what the direction says..i got information from team-integra.. take look at it..

[

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
oh the washer/spacer comes in 2 sizes... they might have gave you the wrong size... i had to use like 4 thin washers for a temp job.

tisguy

it might have to do with the tightness with the shift linkage.. that's what i found out with mine. if you torque it to complete tightness you cant shift at all, so its kinda trial/error

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Those metal spacers should squeeze into the the shifter bushing when they are tightened down inside the change rod and shifter bushing if they are the right size. They should be the right size though.....most of them are the same. They stiffen up everything. But yeah, you're supposed to use those to metal bushing/bearing or whatever they are.

Last edited:

jdm_mike19

honestly dude too if ur new to driving an integra some people dont know how to shift as well i would just use ur stock shifter for awile before u up grade to short shifter cause u might screw ur gears up just a thought happend to a buddy of mine