Cheesenips 2.4L swap 97 neon build up thread

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Ok, Well as most of you know I was going to 2.4l swap a 96, along with a 5-speed swap. Well I came across a 97 coupe, DOHC and 5-speed. A dohc neon is alot easier to swap a 2.4l in because the 2.0 dohc and the 2.4 dohc uses the same ECU and Wiring harness.

ok heres the 97 as of now, I paid $350 for it, had a very hard time starting and when I finally did get it to run, it ran like shit..but it as all its paint, which is rare on 1st gens

I pulled the motor...well...just because

Well Im in the process of swapping 04 SXT interior..the carpet is a challenge but the seats are a direct fit

As most of you know, 1st gen neon heads lights suck...Well Heres some aftermarket

Vast array of neon parts theres 3 totes- some Ill need for the swap, most I will not

Well, I dont have a pic of the new motor yet, its being rebuilt. It came from a 97 Chrysler Cirrus. 2.4 BHP of 170, But heres what I have in my hands. I have the complete gasket kit, but Its not pictured

the head...im thinking about a port and milled, but uncertain right now

I have to use the 2.0 DOHC intake manifold but 8urcivic has that and is sand blasting it for me.

Im goin to use the 15" spoked wheels from a 04 neon sxt, I paid $80 for the set.

Ill post more pics and info as I continue this. im waiting on a few small parts to come in this week.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
Yes it was very clean, i mean it had a small spot of paint oxidation and a burn hole in the headliner and a few dings.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
its not goin to be fast, but I wanna do it b/c its something Ive been wanting to do for a few yrs. its a common swap among neon owners but its different.

Cheesenip

I <3 2.4l's
itll be a low 15 sec car, Ill def. keep it updated. Its coming together nicley. Once I get the bottom end back it wont be long till its on the rd.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
wow..umm all that for low 15? doesnt a stock 98 ls run like a high 15??? just buy an integra! ;)