1998 Acura Integra RS won't start!!

1998RS

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and was hoping someone hopefully could help me with this problem that i'm encountering with my car. I have a 1998 acura integra rs automatic and has 115 k miles one morning i tried to start the car it would not start the key went all the way to start and there was no click heard on the starter. However the instrument light are working fine, the radio. However when i turn the key to start the radio shuts off and then when i let the key go it comes back on?? I decided ot let the car sit for few hours and then i tried again it finally started then i though it would be the battery so i drove off for couple of hours to charge the battery and then i turned the car off and tried to start the car again it started 6 times in row. So i believed that it was the battery however i went to kragen and had them test my charging system on the car and they recharged my battery it was good when i put the battery in the car again FULLY CHARGED the car wouldn't start again. It was doing the same problem i turn the key to start and nothing no cklick in the started what so ever the radio turns off etc.. I believe that something is wrong with the electrical???
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1998 RS

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Sounds like you may just need a new starter. When they start going out they will randomly work whenever they feel like it.

nexgenintegra

1ac4u2nv
the radio always does that so dont get worried about that, its meant to do that. but yeah its probably the starter about to go.

97RedTeg

Yeah i have the same problem on mine.but i caint figured it out.battery is good and starter.

1998RS

Ok guys i just took the starter off and took it to kragen they tested it ,it works perfect it's still the original starter from acura. I checked all the fuses they are all ok. After i reintsalled the original starter back in the car the car fired up 15 times in row now i'm afraid to drive off to work or somewhere with the car and it will leave me stranded. Any suggestions ???? Thank You. I talked to my brother he works at a dealership he said that it most likely is the alarm. However my alarm is always disengaged when i get in my the car and before starting??
Again any help would be greatly appreciated.
1998 RS

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Starters play tricks on you. Just tapping on them will make them work a little longer most of the time. I wouldn't completely rule out the starter as an option

STR8 G

its simple ese, first u gotta see if its a fuel or electrical problem homes, and u do that by buying some fucken throttle body cleaner and spay some inside the damn throttle body, not a lot, just a good spary, if the car starts then its a fuel problem if it dont then its a fuel problem... wait, when u have the key on the on position, all the lights on the dash should come on, its like a thing that checks all the sensers and shit, so just check for the check engine light, if it dont come on then its most likely that your PGM-FI relay is bad ese, which is like 60-70 bucks, thoughs things alway give up in integras, hope i helped u, and if ur check engine light still dont come on and ur car still dont turn on, check all ur ground wires, 90% of the time its a bad ground that wont let ur car turn on and do what it has 2, peace...

STR8 G

i ment electrical in this part....if the car starts then its a fuel problem if it dont then its a (fuel) problem...