adjust clutch engagement point

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
is there a way to change the clutch engagement point on a dc? mine is getting to be real high and i hope i dont have to change out my clutch because.. ehh.. i just dont want to.. hahaha!!

if it means its wearing out.. i guess i gotta handle it..

but yeah..

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
from what i read.. that only adjusts the pedal and not the engagement point..

im wondering if theres a way to adjust the engagement point..

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
To adjust the engagement point you just turn the rod on the master cylinder that is connected to the clutch pedal.

Turning it clockwise should bring the engagement point away from the floor. That will cause the plunger on the end of the pushrod to be pulled farther back in the master cylinder, giving it a longer stroke which makes it move more fluid and disengage the clutch higher in the pedal travel range.

Turning it counterclockwise should do the opposite as it will cause the master cylinder to move less fluid and lower the engagement point on the pedal travel

Last edited:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
for some reason that was clearer than that walkthru.. hahaha!!

thanks doods!! :thumbs up

looks like i got a project to do when i get home..

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just loosen the lock nut and turn the rod.

I actually never even loosened the lock nut when I did mine. Damn thing was on too tight and those are tight quarters down there. I just grabbed the rod with a pair of pliers and turned it. It still would turn, it just threaded through the lock nut which was on so tight it never moved.

The easiest way to turn would be to remove the cotter pin attaching it to the pedal and then turning it, but I just stopped on the side of the road and adjusted mine in a parking lot real quick because it was irritating me :lol:

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
lol!! nice.. i'll be sure to write that down..

i was just worried that my clutch was giving out soon.. thanks for the info n_n

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ive adjusted it a little..

is it really moving the grabbing point? or just the pedal movement??

because the grabbing point is so high now.. is that an early sign saying that my clutch is going out? because it still grabs pretty good..

simple97GSR

It will move the engagement point if you turn enough in the correct direction
hmm...my pedal to clutch engagement is the opposite. the clutch engages really low, but i'd like to have it somewhat a little higher.....so do i turn the rod ccw?

dc2gsr you should post some pics of this up, i would think that would really help alot. thanks man.:)