Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

fuel pump? fuse? relay?

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Old 06-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
gossimer68

Default fuel pump? fuse? relay?

got a '93 integra (actually, it's my daughters) that will not start. she shut the car off and went to restart it a couple of hours later, the engine cranks, i've got spark, if i spray starting fluid in the intake it wants to start. i do not hear the fuel pump kicking on when i turn the ignition on.
should i be able to hear the pump pressurize? is there a fuse or relay?(i don't see any for fuel pump)? is the fuel pump in the tank? i would buy a manual but i can't find any place open today near me. any help would be great! thanks!
so...... i go out there 2 hours later and it starts. i hear it pressurize, i had played with some wires and connectors earlier. still have not found a fuse or relay. her oil & coolant were low so i topped them off. is there some kind of safety? i have no idea now and i am worried about her getting stranded somewhere.

Last edited by gossimer68; 06-29-2008 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added more info
gossimer68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
ricestick
BOOST HEAD

main relay
the car will die and not start again be prepared.
do a search on main relay

Last edited by ricestick; 06-29-2008 at 09:44 PM.
ricestick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
ltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricestick View Post
main relay
the car will die and not start again be prepared.
do a search on main relay
yep same thing happened to me
ltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
STR8 G

yea me 2, its called a PGM-FI RELY 2 be exact, its kind of tricky 2 get 2 it, but its under the dash, u'll barely see it under the dash, but u need 2 remover the cover under the steering wheel, its only 2 bolts and then u should be able 2 see it, oh yea, the rely cost 60 to 70 bucks
STR8 G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 PM   #5
spooledu24

Send a message via AIM to spooledu24

yeah its the relay under the dash. but the only way to get a new one is via acura and even if you do get the new one the part # doesn't supersede to a new # which means acura never fixed the problem so down the road it will happen again. best thing to do is wire in your own relay.
spooledu24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Pio

I have the same problem, went and bought a new main relay from accura dealer and installed the new part. The problem remains as before it will not run., now I have noticed that the check engine light stays on when you turn the ignition switch to the on position. something is blocking the fuel pump from getting energized. can it be the oil sending censer? or can it be the ECU. and last The dealer told me that it is unlike that the fuel pump be the issue. Your thoughts and input are greatly appreciated. looking forward for some help.
Pio is offline   Reply With Quote