How to replace and adjust your TPS

genesis

tougê hêrmit
in this thread i will be showing you exactly how to adjust your tps sensor. the vehicle is a 2001 acura integra gsr the sensor i have is a yonaka sensor from japan i had installed it the other day and didnt have time to adjust it so today i decided to do it.

first take off the intake mine happens to be the stock tubing there should be a clamp by the throttle body. remember DO NOT pull off the connectors to any of the sensors this may result in an automatic check engine code and will send the ecu into limp home mode.
[/IMG]
intake is off now

now you will have to take off the throttle cable, i used a 12mm open end, you can also use a box end wrench to be safe. loosen the nut all the way back then push forward to unlock it from the mount

now the next thing to do is to take off the four 12mm bolts and nuts that hold on the throttle body.

pull the throttle body back off the studs, (this next step is not necessary but will make your life that much easier) turn it so you can see the coolant line that runs into it from the fire wall side. you will need to disconnect it so you can pull the throttle body out to make it easier to get to the TPS sensor.

now look at the conector you will see three wires going in the back. keep the connector on the TPS. now you will need a thin paper clip bend it straight, with the paper clip tap into the back of the connector where the red wire is.

now take out your multimeter wrap the extruding end of the paperclip around the RED point from the multi meter. take your BLACK pointer and put it to GROUND on the battery. turn the dial on the multimeter to 20v. . now take your keys put them in the ignition and turn the keys to the on position DO NOT START THE CAR. go back to the engine bay and loosen the two philip screws that hold the TPS on the throttle body then and tighten until snugish, turn the TPS left to right while waching the multimeter you want it to be .50v. This will take a while to do since the sensor is very hard to adjust due to its sensitivity. when you have it at .50v simply tighten the screws and make sure it stays at .50v some times it will change after you tighten it lower or higher than what you want.
[/IMG]

now just put the throttle body back on while being care full not to bump the TPS, put every thing back just the way you took it off. when your done disconect the negative on the battery and put it back on this way you will reset the computer and remove any trouble codes, also the computer will be able to adjust to any of the changes that you have made.

that will conclude the TPS adjustment

and now for some updated pictures of my car lol ahaha:D

[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Ghettokracker71

LS/Vturd
You can get BLOX TPS sensors off eBay for about 12$ shipped,thats where I got mine,...did it at work, had it calibrated free at merchants tire.

When I had my TB off, I scrubbed it clean,and removed all the sensors on my IM (battery unhooked) and scrubbed all the carbon out of that as best as possible,and my IACV.

Other than fixing my idle/surge problems I was having, my LS ran one HELL of alot better

xxrichardxx

how do u adjust the TPs if u dont have the machine i installed it and the rpm goes up to 3.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
is it the same thing for a 91 teg
yup, if you replace the tps and it starts acting up again a week later then usually your throttle body is too worn down and it will need to be rebuilt or replaced. voltage can be between .048, .0508)

genesis

tougê hêrmit
i think it should be im not sure? if its a honda and it has a tps sensor this goes for them all!

Frost94

Is it necessary to remove the throttle body? Does that make it easier or does removing the TB effect voltage flowing to the tps?