My integra wont start or get spark

kidwilson33

HI,
First post here. I have a 98 LS integra. I was in a parking lot and the car just shut off. I looked and thought I was out of gas. I tried to crank it a few times and finally pushed it to a gas station. I put gas in it and it still wont start.
The main relay under the dash, is going nuts. As soon as I cut the car on it starts clicking at a high level. If I touch the gas pedal it shuts off and if I release the pedal it starts again. Furthermore, I am unable to get any spark from the plugs. I tried replacing the ignition module and it did not help any. I took the oil lid off and it looks like the engine is turning, so I don't think its the timing belt. I have tried to start the car a bunch, so I hope I am not screwing my engine if its the belt after all. My buuddy took a small hose off and said gas was coming out of it so I think its getting fuel. I do not know very much at all about cars, so I thought you all might be able to help me. My car has been idling somewhat low/ different over the last month so I don't know if that is a warning sign of something.

I am going to try and put a new coil in this afternoon. ANy help or suggestions would be appreciated,
KId

Spody02

Name: Cody
i would go check grounds, get ohm meter check your ignition coil, check plug wires, new spark plugs, new rotor, new cap
if that dosent work, then fuck lol check your main relay, but have fun with that shit

mark pones

Pones
i would go check grounds, get ohm meter check your ignition coil, check plug wires, new spark plugs, new rotor, new cap
if that dosent work, then fuck lol check your main relay, but have fun with that shit
i agree with this, i had a similar problem. replace the plugs and coils, check your grounds all of them!! especially the one to the distributor. goodluck.

kidwilson33

Hi gang,
Well, I have a friend come out and put in a ECU from his civic V tec. Fired right up. So it was the ECU making the relay freak out. Problem solved for now. Thanks for the replies. Peace,
CLiff