asking before lowering......(need some opinions)

jackpot

Just bought my G2 and wanna start off by lowering it, I dont have a huge bugdet, its actually pretty tight. Anyways what would you guys recommend?

Springs?
Coilovers?
and what kind (want a nice smoothe ride, not bumpitty, bump, bump)
keep in mind I cant afford shocks.

Thanks.

slikk

Money Getter
tokico give a nice ride and the method of adjustment allows you to give an even adjustmet all round without guess in with the numbering notch system.

the ride of the setup is approx 1 - 1.5 inch which isnt all the noticable you still have a little over 1 inch gap.
also adjust the rear shock on a G2 is a bitch if you have large hands..

personally if i hand to do it again . i would prob go with Omnipower coilover. or an eibach Koni setup

xboost

okay first think about everything because a lot of people don't know everything that somes along with lowwer.........I personaly LOVE a slammed car.....my 94 ls was a 2in drop with springs my next teg I thinking about a 2.5 drop but I think it might be to low but I'm building for track only,,.....pros and cons ...pros...the car looks f*** cool as shit...and the performance is tons better,,,,,cons if you lowwer the car to much its a lot of wear on the axles,,,,and with a lowwer ride you DO have to brive alittle different you CAN'T just go up driveways and stuff like before..and speed bump are a bitch....
now the different..you have two choices...Coilovers or springs...spring give you the best ride...smooth as a babys ass.....that the good side but with spring you can't ajust them.. this suck if you live somewhere that has snow.. now coils are a adjustable witch is cool BUT coils aren't as smooth of a ride, so witch do you perfor,,,,,,????????
anyone else?????/

jackpot

thanks guys,

Im really considering the Tokico shocks and springs, but like I said, Im stuck with a tight budget. Does anyone have this setup in their ride or knows of anyone (TOKICO HP (blues ones, not adjustable). Hows the ride?
and whats the drop? Im putting 17s on it with no bodykit (hate em). Think it'd look good?

If not this option, then a friend of mine told me to just to go with H&R race springs....let me know what y'all think.

Last edited:

xboost

mmmmmmmm....i don't know....they are both good combo's......both will ride nicey....I would say......H&R and I believe that they would be cheaper as well....

jackpot

THANKS AGAIN,

Im most likely to go with the HPs :D Ill let you know how it goes, probably post up a pic too. ;)

ca86108

first if all if ur REALLY on a budget.. just get springs no shocks none of that shit.. just get ur self a nice set of TEIN springs only like 165.. just get the shocks later... ive had springs on my car 1.8 inch drop for like 10,000k nmiles arleady and my shocks still are in good condition never a bumpy ride and my cars a 95.. so dont get shocks till DAYS down the road...

question....how do u adjust the cars height on coilovers anyways.....

Todd

token ex-mod
ca86108 said:
first if all if ur REALLY on a budget.. just get springs no shocks none of that shit.. just get ur self a nice set of TEIN springs only like 165.. just get the shocks later... ive had springs on my car 1.8 inch drop for like 10,000k nmiles arleady and my shocks still are in good condition never a bumpy ride and my cars a 95.. so dont get shocks till DAYS down the road...

question....how do u adjust the cars height on coilovers anyways.....
:werd:
my gf has Progress drop springs lowered 2.5" on stock shocks for over a year now, her ride is SO much better than mine. I have KYB agx adjustable shocks and H&R springs

jackpot

hmmmm, you guys are really making me think twice about shocks now...... :2confused ill let you guys know what happens though

xboost

I had stock shock too and I had the 1.8 neuspeed springs, I drive my teg like that till I wrecked it,,,it was a smooth ride,,,,

hatchoo

Todd said:
tein springs are actually designed for stock shocks.....

just a lil fyi.
wow i didn't know that, thanks for the info. btw, what kind of h&r springs you got? race or sport? you got pics? (besides the one in your sig) :D

edit: nevermind the pics, i searched the site and found some pics of your teg

Last edited: