Type R Motor Gsr Ecu? Is This Bad? Help? Is This A Good Price? For This Car

96GSR

Type R Motor Gsr Ecu? Is This Bad?Help?Good Price?All Opinions are Appreciated

Im thinking about buying a 94 gsr with a type R motor, and it has a gsr Ecu. so i was wondering is that bad becuase the engine is a type R and the ecu is a gsr? will this mess anything up? should i get another ecu, like hondadata or anything like that? some please help me thanks

94 Gsr Clean Title with A TYPE R MOTOR-about 200k on body--THE PRICE IS $ 6,500,Maybe $ 6,000
Aem cam gears Type R motor has about 52 k miles on it
Vtech controller
Comptech header
Comptech exuast
Toicko shocks
Eibach springs
Hks intake
Power slotted rotors
Sway bars
Front and back strut bars
Clifford alarm system
Alpine mp3 cd player
16 inch-polished aluminum rims
Halo headlights

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR WHAT? PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKS

Last edited:

dc2nr

its decent, if everything works, u can part everything out and actually make money.

gsr ecu is a p72, type r is p73, u cant hondata or piggy back the p73 so thats why he went p72, and yes its ok.

96GSR

94 Gsr Clean Title with A TYPE R MOTOR-about 200k on body-THE PRICE IS $ 6,500,Maybe $ 6,000
Aem cam gears Type R motor has about 52 k miles on it
Vtech controller
Comptech header
Comptech exuast
Toicko shocks
Eibach springs
Hks intake
Power slotted rotors
Sway bars
Front and back strut bars
Clifford alarm system
Alpine mp3 cd player
16 inch-polished aluminum rims
Halo headlights

Any one else think if this is a good deal?etc.. :???: :???:

Baldy201

How is the condition of the body? If you can get 6000 for it i would take it . If the body is good it is almost like buying a car with 52k miles on it. I say go for it.

96GSR

does anyone else think if this is a good or bad deal?

DB8_228

its a pretty good deal...i bought mines for 7 and mines a 4 door gsr shell with a 96 ITR motor. plus u have more stuff done to it unlike mines i/h/e. And for the ECU...i'm running a mugen chipped p72 (gsr) to mines...works fine. Its quite quicker...especially when the vtec kicks in buh kills on gas.

96GSR

DB8_228 said:
its a pretty good deal...i bought mines for 7 and mines a 4 door gsr shell with a 96 ITR motor. plus u have more stuff done to it unlike mines i/h/e. And for the ECU...i'm running a mugen chipped p72 (gsr) to mines...works fine. Its quite quicker...especially when the vtec kicks in buh kills on gas.

the higher rpm's you shift in the more gas you waste right? what gas mileage do Gsr and type R's get? and they both use highest octane right?

Are Vtech Controllers worth the price? what can they help you on? features? can they also control boost?

NOOB Question:
Hey DB8_228 whats up with the mugen chipped ecu? does that give you more power or what does it do?