msd rotor/cap failure

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
well last night i was driving my car home from my girlfriends house and noticed my car had a miss to it every once in a while. today i was driving back to work and it started missing bad. so i get to work and i pull my distibutor to put my stock one back on to bypass my msd 6al and when i take my current distributor off i shake it and i can hear stuff inside it rattling. i take the cap off and chunks of plastic fall out. the set screw for the rotor came out even tho i had locktite on it and rotor came up and hit the cap and ripped all the prongs out of the cap and bit a chunk out of the rotor too. luckily i made it to work. :/ guess ill need a lil more locktite next time i might be able to post some pics later.

skoodles

I <3 Vanessa
well i got such a good deal on the msd 6al and blaster ss coil. pluss i like the msd launch control......mainly cause when i swap my ls/v in im putting in my hondata s200 and i wont be able to adjust the rpm of launch on the hondata unit. so i can do so with the msd.

mteg

Automatic Lover
That just seems odd. I remenber putting one of those clear G-SPort ones on back in the day. The opposite occured. It actually fused itself to the dist, and I had to use a dremal to cut it off. I will never put any rotor on besides oem.