Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

90 integra is stalling out, then starts, and then stalls again..help please

2nd Generation Acura Integra (1990-1993)

Old 12-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #1
pavich91

Default 90 integra is stalling out, then starts, and then stalls again..help please

So it statrted to happened when I did a reverse spin in the snow. You know, a 180 spin. As soon as it finished the 180 spin it stalled. Waited about 5 min, then it started great. Drove for 5 min to a gas station thinkin just low on gas, top her up and as I drove away it stalled. Will crank over but no start, unless I wait 5 min. I think the longer I waited the longer I could drive it. I even let it run for 10min idling and as soon as I acclerated quickly It boggs right out like the fuel is being cut off.
Took it too my mechanic and he tried the main relay under the dash first, ran for 10min again and then just shut off. So now he assumes it's the dist. All the plugs/wires have just been replaced so you know.
There are so many topics on this matter that is seems so common and I read all of them but never got a resolved answer. They are all left lingering. The damn dist. costs alot and would hate to change it and find out it isn't even it.

Can anyone help???
pavich91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:38 AM   #2
maq

any junk yards around? could get a dist. from there and try it out.
maq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
master_tech

you can get it to stall consistently so your mechanic should be able to diagnosis it properly. if he can't, take it to another who can. yes it may cost, but it may cost you more guessing.
master_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
racinfeend59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavich91 View Post
So it statrted to happened when I did a reverse spin in the snow. You know, a 180 spin. As soon as it finished the 180 spin it stalled. Waited about 5 min, then it started great. Drove for 5 min to a gas station thinkin just low on gas, top her up and as I drove away it stalled. Will crank over but no start, unless I wait 5 min. I think the longer I waited the longer I could drive it. I even let it run for 10min idling and as soon as I acclerated quickly It boggs right out like the fuel is being cut off.
Took it too my mechanic and he tried the main relay under the dash first, ran for 10min again and then just shut off. So now he assumes it's the dist. All the plugs/wires have just been replaced so you know.
There are so many topics on this matter that is seems so common and I read all of them but never got a resolved answer. They are all left lingering. The damn dist. costs alot and would hate to change it and find out it isn't even it.

Can anyone help???
had that problem with my civic
replaced the dist. and about 3000 miles later it started doin it again
damn refurbished parts
but no...thats what it sounds like to me but i also agree abuot taking it to a good mechaninc because atleast than if that doesnt fix it he should back up his work
racinfeend59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
pavich91

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfeend59 View Post
damn refurbished parts
but no...thats what it sounds like to me but i also agree abuot taking it to a good mechaninc because atleast than if that doesnt fix it he should back up his work
I put a new dist. in and it's ok now. But I have heard people doing this before and have the same thing that happened to you later on, so I just hope it doesnt do it again. Except I put a brand spankin new one in, not refurbished. over $300 so I hope it works.
Old 12-20-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
pavich91

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfeend59 View Post
damn refurbished parts
oh, I forgot to ask...when it did it again 3000miles later waht did you do, get a brand new one or was it something else?