How to: Install ASR Spherical End Links

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
This may apply to most other spherical end links, but I used ASR. Did this off the car to get better pics, plus everything is clean this way. :lol:

Parts need for one side:

Use the fully threaded bolt for the control arm side.

Sway bar side:

Use the bolt with the non threaded area by the head for this side.

Note: Bolt goes through the sway bar after this step.

The large spacer goes on after the end link. Use the locking nylon bolt, if your kit doesn't have them.... get them. Sway bar will sit in the blank spot.

Adjust as needed.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I know with these you can preload the sway bar, I doubt I will mess with that until I autocross my teg.

Those are the "Hard" anodized skunk 2 LCAs, they look a lot darker than on most websites.

Last edited:

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
i have questions myself too... i guess the best way is to email ASR... and be like "wtf.?!?!.. you figure it out"... lol

btw sweet looking setup you got there :thumbup:

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
actually its not that hard because i have ASR endlink...i can post 2 pix of them intalled for you if it'll help any???

photobucket.com/albums/hh101/8732_mane/untitledc.jpg[/IMG]

hope these help when i first had them it looked trick but all you really have to do is trq. them down. If you already have the LCA's, swaybar & endlinks which you do, you can kind of get an idea how it works...

patrick4588

Integra God
why would you want to preload the sway bar? im not s suspension guru as you can see.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^ not sure. kinda wondering the same thing too.

my F7's have 3 different mounting points... and I dunno which to mount to. lol

B16B_civic_R

do U <3 your Honda
why would you want to preload the sway bar? im not s suspension guru as you can see.
im not sure if im quite right but preloading the swaybar allow you adjust how rear reacts in a turn...so you can control how the rear will react coming in & out of a turn

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
With these endlinks, you can adjust the rear sway bar. soft, medium, or hard. I have mine on medium.

tegpartdeuce

With the ASR sway bar, there are two pre-drilled holes on the ends that attach to the end links. What differences result in using the one more towards the rear of the car versus the one more towards the front of the car?

Also, it looks like OminousG2's end links are mounted in the opposite direction of B16B_Civic_R's... Ominous has the threaded end near the sway bar and B16B has the threaded end near the LCA. Which is correct, or doesn't it matter?

Integraguy04

CORNER CARVER
all i know is i have the length of the end links roughly stock...i have mine on the stiffer setting on the sway bar and in the middle setting on the skunk2 lca's