B18c1 OEM rebuild dead after 10k miles?

jjrosales79

Ok, here is the low down. I had to rebuild the motor due to a spun bearing back in 8/08. After going over my options I decided the best choice was to do an OEM rebuild with a few aftermarket parts. Here is the build:

B18c piston set w/ rings 81.5mm
B18c engine gasket set
B18c OEM oil pump
B18c water pump
B18c timing belt
ARP head stud kit
ACL bearing set w/ thrust
Machining - bore, hone, polish
Head resurface
Hondata S300
Hondata intake manifold gasket

This build was based to be a street driven car w/ boost to be added after I got the suspension, braking, and other parts that needed replacing. I got this rebuild back and had noticed that the motor was eating oil. At the time I did not think nothing of it because I figured I would need to break it in and then assess after about 2k miles. Was I wrong, less than 3 months later the motor began to knock. This I learned was due to the motor eating about a quart of oil a week and the bearings had begun to warp due to not realizing the severity of the oil issue. Keep in mind there was no oil leaking on the ground, as I would have noticed this quickly. There was some leakage on the head, but it didn't seem like a quart a week. So I get the bearings switched out and discuss this oil leak problem with my mechanic. After a couple more months I begin to realize that at high RPMs (5k & up) the exhaust would smoke and once I shifted it would blow out the smoke. Again I directed this to my mechanics attention. I continued to keep an eye on the oil, but at $7 a piece for Castrol full synthetic it becomes a problem. So, 3 weeks ago I finally set up an date for the car go into the shop to check this out, plus I chose my suspension (function & form) and was to have a water temp & oil pressure gauge installed. A week later I am taking my Sunday cruise and on the way home I hear a rattling in the motor and then a load bang. This I now assume was a rod bolt coming loose and it put a crack in my block. Which virtually renders the motor useless now. Now I am just looking to get various opinions on the motor or what the cause of the issue may or could have been? This car was driven daily and as one could expect had some hard driving done, but nothing to over the top.

Spody02

Name: Cody
fuck your mechanic up, thats bullshit

after rebuilding a motor it should not eat oil like that

he did not do it right

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
naw acl barings are good. my friend has those and his gsr is fine. like cody said fuck your mechanic up

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
yea, he's only going to say that they are used engines and blah blah blah, he can't guarntee that, blah blah blah,... . all kinds of shit...... just fuck him up.

take a "fuck up the mechanic" poll

i vote yes, twice.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
Take his 17MM open end and shove it where the sun don't shine that should get his attention.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Somewhere down the line, that mechanic fucked up on you motor. You should seek retribution:guns:

codeman_11901

i vote yes. thats some bs. happened with a motor we had build. the mechanic just yelled fuck really loud and threw the bent valve we gave him at the motor and the re-rebuilt it haha. hope this dude isnt charging you for all this extra time he's spending for his own mistakes. idk man

BlkDude

ask him can you see the keys to the bathroom then go make copies of the shop keys and GO HAM in dat Bittttt!!!!

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
ya i had my head rebuilt and it maay eat a tiny bit until the valves seat but if they arent touched it shouldnt eat a drop!!! thats BS

I thought I read it all but my question is

Did u reuse the same crank from the last engine that the bearing spun on?

if so that may be your problem.