Project Lotus B17a1

xusake

First of all be for i start my thread i would like to let everyone know that my name is Xue, and ill be doing a rebuild thread call Project Lotus. I've decided that name because the lotus only bloom once in a blue moon = RARE due the B17a1 motor, but yeah. This will be my first project. Anything else ill be updating later in the future.

Today I've decide it time to start my project but dam i picked the wrong time of the year and wrong day because it like 94 degree outside and mad sunlight burning!.

First I've pull out the radiator as you can see in the picture along with the intake box. It too hot so this is how far I've got only. Sorry about the ugly picture's i couldn't find my disk for my digital camera so i took it with my iPhone. Better pictures coming soon.

GS and GS-R

Took off the spark plug valve

Making sure where the wire are plug up too so i wont have a headache later on

Took off the intake box system from the IM

Taking out the radiator

Unplugged the power steering unit

Here my nut basket

Cherry picker

So this is how far I've got, more better picture and updates later during the day. Also sorry for the big image I'm not sure how to make it smaller beside resizing with a program.

Last edited:

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I was totally faked out. I thought you were going to put a B17 in a Lotus Elise. Lol! Good luck with the project.

xusake

Lol nah i wish hahaha but the lotus itself is too expensive for my budget haha

xusake

yeah the b17 is going into my black gs da becuz the db2 shell was rear ended and i picked up the whole thing for 950$. swaping the gs motor into the db2 and sell it while i keep the b17 motor and rebuild it. Also thanks :D

xusake

same here. you swapping in a field or is that like back property?
lol i wish i was living in the city like you guy's! but that the country side, totally suck!. It my older brother farm. Ever ate KFC befor? Your eating my chicken;s lol.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Lol nah i wish hahaha but the lotus itself is too expensive for my budget haha
I want to get an Elise one day. And swap in a K20A.

yeah the b17 is going into my black gs da becuz the db2 shell was rear ended and i picked up the whole thing for 950$. swaping the gs motor into the db2 and sell it while i keep the b17 motor and rebuild it. Also thanks :D
Is the DB2 not fixable? I would try to keep it. The DB2 is the rarest Honda.

lol i wish i was living in the city like you guy's! but that the country side, totally suck!. It my older brother farm. Ever ate KFC befor? Your eating my chicken;s lol.
Technically, we live in the suburbs. :thumbs up

badboi1

damn i'm glad i'm not tha only 1 who thought that u were putting a B17a1 in an elise. great name for ur project man i'll be watching out for project lotus.

xusake

Internet isn't work right now so I can't update ahh, but I've took off the head n block. Pictures update when I can connect back to the net.

xusake

I want to get an Elise one day. And swap in a K20A.
I think there already a B18C5 swap on a Elise

Is the DB2 not fixable? I would try to keep it. The DB2 is the rarest Honda.
Will i think it could be fixable but the inside of the rear trunk is like totally bang up, because i think if it was fixable the first owner befor me would of fix it. Not sure i don't want to waste my time and the extra money pulling it out. I rather sell it for extra cash. But yeah the DB2 would be worth more.

xusake

Alright here the new update on my project.

So I couldn't get behind the motor to get the back mounts off so I decided to take off the head because I would have to take it off later and in order for me to take the block out.

As you can see my fucken exhaust manifold stud are broken, now I need to drew them out that totally sucks!

also my HID light came in from HIDExtra so I was testing it

yeah i know still ugly photo's

xusake

Ok finally it wasn't soo hot today i finally took out the bottom block and the rest of the day im gonna take out all the rods and piston and etc so by this weekend it can go to the machine shop.

xusake

Update:
1. Block at the machine shop
2. Headers came in.
3. Rebuild kit came in.

So the engine and block was just sitting in my room for awhile, be for I took it to the shop.

Goodie came in just awhile ago, als ignore the date lol my digital camera is out of date. I need to reprogram her.

Also my rebuild kit came in also.