2001 Integra GS will be unresponsive (refuse to start/power lock)

K3Ntegra

When I first pressed the power lock, the car would refuse to unlock the doors. When i inserted the key to the ignition nothing would happen. We decided to tighten the cable in the hood that is connected to the battery. After we decided the jumpstart the car and the car would start. After leaving the car on for a while we were able to shut it off and turn the car on back again normally and the power locks responded when i used the power lock button on my car key. I also noticed i had to type in a code to get the acura radio to start working again.

But after about 8 hours i noticed the car had the same exact problem as before and refusing to start up or refusing to unlock itself with the power lock button on my key. after successfully jump starting the car and leaving the car on for an hour or so. I am able to start up the car again with my car key in the ignition right now.

I was wondering if anyone know what may be wrong and what may be replaced? i've heard it is either the battery of the alternator that may have to be replaced.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Your battery is probably shot, get a new one or let that one charge up. Running the car for an hour or so isn't enough to get the battery charged completely.

xusake

if it keep dieing then it either a bad alternator also, because my da does that even when i put a whole new battery on. But when i jump it back up or charge it up it will die after 3hours or a day of sitting without starting it up. im pretty sure we're having the same problem.