biggest rims/tires i can put on

thechad500

what are the largest dimensions of the rims/tires that i can put on a stock 96 integra SE. mine are 205/50/15 if i buy new ones that have to be exactly the same or what?

Andrew93

Currently Building
well as far as replacing the tires they just have to be the same size as the rim in " obv using 15" atm and as long as the 4 are the same your fine... and on an integra u really dont need any rims larger then a 16" but thats just my opinion....sure u could put 18's maybe bigger on it

mirrorimg

You could calculate the diameter of the tire based on the dimensions on it. It's a bit late for me to do them now, but I'll explain what the numbers mean so you can do it. the first number is the width of the tire (in mm), the second number is the height of the tire, which is the % of the width. The third is obviosly the diameter of the rim your putting it on.

As long as the outer dimensions are very similar, you can put anything on. Otherwise you need to make some suspension adjustments.

Example: your tires = 205/50/15
that means your tires are 205 mm wide, 50% of 205x2 tall, and 15" . so 15" +205mm height= your diameter.

You can get 18in rims as long as the prfile of the tire is not to big. You may b able to get away with 205/35/18" as long as the O.D. Is roughly the same. calculate yourself... (35%of 205mm)x2 +18" and see ifi it matches your 15" wheels dimensions.

In my honest opinion, I don't think you should put on wheels any bIgger than 17". They make the car look awkward and out of place, and personally I think they look stupid. I prefer 16" and 15"

If I didn't get my point across, I'll try to explain attlee better when I'm not on my phone.

HKSintegra

You could calculate the diameter of the tire based on the dimensions on it. It's a bit late for me to do them now, but I'll explain what the numbers mean so you can do it. the first number is the width of the tire (in mm), the second number is the height of the tire, which is the % of the width. The third is obviosly the diameter of the rim your putting it on.

As long as the outer dimensions are very similar, you can put anything on. Otherwise you need to make some suspension adjustments.

Example: your tires = 205/50/15
that means your tires are 205 mm wide, 50% of 205x2 tall, and 15" . so 15" +205mm height= your diameter.

You can get 18in rims as long as the prfile of the tire is not to big. You may b able to get away with 205/35/18" as long as the O.D. Is roughly the same. calculate yourself... (35%of 205mm)x2 +18" and see ifi it matches your 15" wheels dimensions.

In my honest opinion, I don't think you should put on wheels any bIgger than 17". They make the car look awkward and out of place, and personally I think they look stupid. I prefer 16" and 15"

If I didn't get my point across, I'll try to explain attlee better when I'm not on my phone.
x2 you could go 18" but 15" and 16" would look better IMHO.

soloteg

1- are you talking about which is the biggest tire you can fit on the stock rims?

2- what are your intentions? maximum performance, or just having the biggest baller dubs in the world?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
There was a guy on TI that had a gold JDM front integra with 18" Volk TE37. That's the largest that I know of. I think he was on 215/35-18 tires.

babyteg

I went from 15s to 17s wrapped in potenzas back to the 15s wrapped in falken skins...... the thing is the rubber on the the 17s are rough ride as they are lower profile they look awesome but its all bout comfort and handling so the 15s are my choice.

heykosal

Angkorian
Just make sure the outer diameter of your new set of wheels/tires is the same or at least very close to stock and you'll be okay.

edit: the link that spooled posted is perfect tool