Auto To 5speed Swap Help

xcaliber264

doing a tranny swap from auto to manny for 94 ls coupe did alot of research still need some reassurence on some things, i.e. how exactly its done, wat i need, etc... tell me if i left anything out.... i also would like some opinions on good idea bad idea y or y not, not to sound like ur writing an essay or anything... THANKS

Parts List:
5 speed tranmission
clutch (pressure plate, disc)
shift linkage
manual ECU
manual starter
flywheel
clutch master cylinder
slave cylinder
hydraulic lines
pedal assembly
tach - either a mounted one or a new cluster, helps with the downshifting
shifter
shift knob
shift boot
miscallaneous nuts and bolts!!

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
IMO dont wast your time or money. more work than its worth. your better off saving that money and then some, selling your car and buying a manual GSR

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
let the man do what he wants to do, but its easier to get a new car

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
To do it properly, you will need:

-Tranny
-manual ECU
-slave and master cylinders
-shift linkage assembly
-manual tranny console
-shifter and knob
-manual pedal assembly
-clutch fluid reservoir
-hydraulic lines and hoses
-flywheel and bolts
-clutch kit
-front and rear manual tranny mount
-starter
-manual intermediate shaft.....

I think that's it.

goofyb20

aaaah the infamous swap... done one of these, talk about busting missions lol!! but in the end you will learn alot about your car, even though people are haters and will try and talk you into buying a GSR 5spd, IMO its the work done to your car that makes it exciting bro!!! but good luck

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
you will also need to figure out...

how to get your reverse lights to work and also the key out of the ignition. automatic cars require it be in "P" for parked before you get your key out.

xcaliber264

well im a mech in trainin lol my bro has done this before he told me we r gunna have to "rewire" the wire arrangement underneath the automatic shifting console to trick the sensors into thinking that the car is in Park. not that i dont trust him cuz i do but a little verification from some of you wont hurt