Can a Automatic integra LS get VTEC?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
One has nothing to do with the other. If you want to swap the head on the engine for a different one, what does the tranny have to do with it? nada

209SpoonDC2

Yeah, but you'd have to get a custom ECU for the VTEC to work since the automatic LS's don't have VTEC, therefore the stock ECU won't allow VTEC to engage.

vTeChGRA78

Vtechgra78

209SpoonDC2 said:
Yeah, but you'd have to get a custom ECU for the VTEC to work since the automatic LS's don't have VTEC, therefore the stock ECU won't allow VTEC to engage.
Wat kind of ECU, how much would it be, does anybody live in Florida or Tampa, Fl.? I used to
live in Cali but I moved to Fl.

209SpoonDC2

You'd probably have to use a P75 OBD1 ecu and have it chipped for VTEC. P75 is a LS, ecu, BTW.

What year is your car?

vTeChGRA78

vtecgra78

I have 2 integra one is a 90 LS, the other is a 94 LS too... on my 94 LS has Weapon-R intake and a Weapon-R exguast. I wanna put a GS-R head on my LS block....Do you know how much a GS-R head runs for....The complete set of a GS-R head?

209SpoonDC2

vTeChGRA78 said:
I have 2 integra one is a 90 LS, the other is a 94 LS too... on my 94 LS has Weapon-R intake and a Weapon-R exguast. I wanna put a GS-R head on my LS block....Do you know how much a GS-R head runs for....The complete set of a GS-R head?

You can get a complete GSR head in good condition for around $500.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
what head are you looking for??, b16, b18, type R Ive seen them from 800 to 2000 dollars for a complete head,

Matticus

vTeChGRA78 said:
GS-R or Type-R head, Type-R produces more HP rite? I also heard that they don't last long?
that is about stupid, who ever told you they dont last as long needs to pull their head out of their ass, LOL but, cost versus actual function, one tremendously out weighs the other.

This thread is funny.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
I thought that they had Auto GSR's in Japan. I have seen automatic gsr swaps, still looks wierd. But if you could manage to score one of those probably rare as hell ecus, you could pull it off.

Also edited the thread title.