Difference Between 2 Doors?

hops523

Hey whats up guys? Im new to integras, and am looking to purchase one in the near future. Im a little confused on one thing, and I will try and not make this sound like a stupid question. I know there are 2 door and 4 door integras. And the 2 doors are hatchbacks. Im not sure what it is, but sometimes I will see a 2 door integra, and the body looks very "hatchbacky" like a honda civic hatchback, and other 2 doors look more like a sedan. I was wondering if there was any difference between these two? I found some examples of what Ive seen. The first pic is what I think has the body of a civic hatchback, and the second looks more sedan like.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1 is a 94-97 top and the other is a 98-01. that only is in reguards to the front and rear bumpers. its because one has a wing so its an optical illusion

Anthony90

TeamXXXracing
There both pretty much similar..The top picture is a 94-97 Integra and the bottom is a 98-01 integra. The only real diffrences are the rear bumpers,front bumper,bumper lenses,headlights. Thats about it.

It could also be the wing and color that makes you see the "sedan" or "hatchy" type of look you describe.

hops523

Oh ok, maybe its the difference between a 94-97 and a 98-01. It also could be the fact that there is a wing. It just seems the silver integra is longer.

hops523

Haha I dont know, they both seem pretty badass to me. Im just going to see whats available at the time Im looking.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
The main difference (besides the extra doors, obviously) is that the 2 door has a hatchback and the 4 door has a trunk.

But the taillights, rear bumper and exhaust are ever so slightly different.

jdm jon

4 door sedans have better rigity in the chassis and bracing, 2 door coupes (3doorhatch) is lighter, obviously, yet less rigid then a sedan,....now thats why they made the type R. lighter 2door thats super rigid...:drool:

heykosal

Angkorian
The first pic is what I think has the body of a civic hatchback, and the second looks more sedan like.
Do you mean Civic coupe? The Civic hatches are super hatchy(yeah I made up another word)
Civic hatch

Civic coupe

Civic hatch

CIvic coupe

Civic hatch

Civic coupe

For future reference, coupes have trunks, hatches have...well, hatches.

Hatch = More Badass

Sedan = Badass
You made a syntax error Matt, but I fixed it for you8);)