Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Auto to manual transmission swap, how much?

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 08-12-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
khurley424

Default Auto to manual transmission swap, how much?

i couldnt find the information that i needed in search, so i figured id ask- does anyone have a ballpark estimate at how much an automatic to manual transmission swap is for a teg?
khurley424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
blaketeg
I <3 Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by khurley424 View Post
i couldnt find the information that i needed in search, so i figured id ask- does anyone have a ballpark estimate at how much an automatic to manual transmission swap is for a teg?

it would be so outrageous...it would cost you more to do that than your cars worth..just buy you a manual man

Parting out integra, need parts just PM me.
blaketeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #3
cabezzzdb8
BBS wanted

Send a message via AIM to cabezzzdb8

Depends greatly on the tranny that you want, once you figure that out youll see the ballpark price

<3's Boob's
Drop,Poke,Stretch=WIN!
cabezzzdb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
BrokenTalon27
W.F.O

Are you going to do the installation or are you going to have a shop do it?
DB2 Squad #1- Save the B17s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgocasca View Post
You are now banned from posting for a week. Failure to comply will result in trolling/flaming.
BrokenTalon27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
White_Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaketeg View Post
it would be so outrageous...it would cost you more to do that than your cars worth..just buy you a manual man
You're retarded. Most people have no idea about this so they just throw out what they hear.

Lets put it this way I paid 1k for EVERYTHING on my swap. I got every last nut and bolt and everything. Yet I paid 750 for my tranny. So if you shop around and got a better deal on the tranny you could get it cheaper. I paid more for my tranny but got a 6 month warranty on it and I also got a deal on everything else. You'll be looking at roughly 1k. It also depends if you tend to buy the swap mount or move your tranny mount forward.
White_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
red98teg
Keep on Truckin

Send a message via Skype™ to red98teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post
You're retarded. Most people have no idea about this so they just throw out what they hear.

Lets put it this way I paid 1k for EVERYTHING on my swap. I got every last nut and bolt and everything. Yet I paid 750 for my tranny. So if you shop around and got a better deal on the tranny you could get it cheaper. I paid more for my tranny but got a 6 month warranty on it and I also got a deal on everything else. You'll be looking at roughly 1k. It also depends if you tend to buy the swap mount or move your tranny mount forward.
yeah this sounds accurate. you should be able to do it yourself for no more than 1500... but depends on your level of knoweledge. oh and there are LOTS of threads on this topic. with that said i would just sell the auto and buy an GSR... save the 1500 you were gonna save and a lil more

Work Out Crew Member #1
NO FAP September FAIL Crew Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesenip View Post
I love you Adel

Quote:
Originally Posted by obd1kenobi View Post
good job, but he's still banging your ex at the end of the day
red98teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
khurley424

alright, thanks for the help. this was exactly what i was looking for.
khurley424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #8
White_Rabbit

Saving up and buying a manual GSR is the easy way, but why take the easy way. Why not save up and buy a turbo GSR, or buy a turbo Hype R, or buy a better car. Building your car the way you like from the ground up is the fun of it. Turning wrenches on my car and making it better is why I do it. Going fast is just a cheap thrill thats a reward for your hard work.

I say if you want a manual and you have the car piece it together. Its not as hard as people make it out to be. All the holes are already there. Its a matter of putting it together and making it work. I went from an Auto LS to a built and boosted GSR 5-speed. Everyone told me the same thing. Sell the car and get a GSR. Why?

It was the same thing with my RX7. Everyone said if I wanted a smaller car with a turbo piston motor to buy an older supra. Where is the fun in that? A 2JZ RX7 is much more fun
White_Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:41 PM   #9
cheezeonmakneez
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Rabbit View Post

Old 08-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
sugarfree135
matt

Send a message via Yahoo to sugarfree135

The guys who b**** about the price and amount of work are the same kids who take thier car to the shop to get it worked on everytime. If you have the ability to do it and actually want to, just have fun with it and keep the pride of saying "i did it myself". It's seriously half the fun of doing it.
sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 09:23 PM   #11
XslickwhitetegX
UKDM EXPERT

Send a message via AIM to XslickwhitetegX Send a message via Yahoo to XslickwhitetegX

easy answer around $1200 to $1500,depending on your tranny you chooce.

The greatest woman in history is Ms.Pacman. For 25 the b**** swallows balls until she dies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94RS View Post
Kinda creepy? The 12 year olds on Xbox Live are smoother than that when they see a girl playing.....

MY UKDM BUILD

UKDM MEMBER #1
AUTO SQUAD MEMBER #11
XslickwhitetegX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #12
.Cortez
94' LS

Send a message via AIM to .Cortez Send a message via MSN to .Cortez

Quote:
Originally Posted by XslickwhitetegX View Post
easy answer around $1200 to $1500,depending on your tranny you chooce.
Im sure you can easily do thsi for under 1k with used parts, when i do it imma do it with a used tranny, I can't afford a new one!

Myspace Facebook
.Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote