Starter Relay Help

Andrew93

Currently Building
Alright so i got everything in and now its just done to electrical troubleshooting.....So i replaced all the fuses but under the dash theres power to everything but the starter relay fuse, so i was looking over the manual and i guess the starter relay is(behind) under the dash, does anyone have any info on it or the best way to get to it

Andrew93

Currently Building
Well, the car isnt cranking, i got the battery hooked up and when you turn the key the lights and what not work but there is nothing at the ignition for cranking...when you turn it all the way it doesnt do anything or even make any noises trying...

when i google it i see some behind the hood release under the dash and others that are behind the dash by the radio area

Last edited:

Andrew93

Currently Building
I looked it up on ALLDATA. It gives the location of the starter relay as behind the center of the instrument panel but the picture on ALLDATA shows a different spot. If anyone can help with a picture or information/plan of action I'd appreciate it.

Andrew93

Currently Building
yea i got it, but i think it may not be the problem, because its not getting power to the starter relay fuse... so should the power be at the relay or the fuse first? and if it does go to the fuse first how would i fix it?

tilegend

fuse first, how did you test that it wasnt getting power to the fuse?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
mitchell says the starter relays behind the center of the dash,on the right side of the heater assembly, the pictures terrible and it won't let me copy it. check your clutch sw too.