Need Help Finding Problem With Car

Wulfstr14

Hi, I own an automatic 2000 Integra LS Hatchback 16-valve DOHC engine. The problem started with light surging on the freeway and has progressed to severe surging, high RPMs when shifting, and now the car has died and won't stay on even when applying acceleration. If you stop accelerating even in park it will die. I have changed the fuel filter. I also dropped the fuel tank to look inside; no sediments or corrosion, and the gas was clean. The fuel pump, injectors, and lines are working. It has 87 octane fuel in it. My wife, and extended family are at a loss, any leads or suggestions would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

Wulfstr14

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
sounds like the alternator if its surging electricity adn turns off if ur not reving it, sounds like its not making power

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
idk then, lol im only 17, just givin u my 2 cents, ill try and help search, i hope u get it fixed!

Spody02

Name: Cody
well have you checked your spark?

there might be a timing issues or a would say a simple spark tune up aka wires, plugs, cap rotor

maybe

mirrorimg

I was going to say misfire like what Cody is alluding to. Are you throwing a Check Engine Light? (CEL)

Wulfstr14

im not throwing a cel. i will check the timing. is there any reason y it wouldnt get gas when im pressing down on the accelarator pedal with not having a defunked injector/pump

mirrorimg

I doubt it is a fuel related problem. If you did not have enough fuel getting into the engine your car would likely stall before it starts making the symptoms you are claiming.

When was the last time you chaned your spark plugs? I suggest trying that first, as it is a pretty simple and inexpensive thing to do.

Wulfstr14

I have a new problem now. I can start it up for about 30 seconds. But in the last 10 seconds I can feel the car starting to die and then the speedometer goes insane. It'll go from 0 to 60 back to 0 to 40-60. Im not even movin the car im in park in my driveway. ITS SO DAMN CONFUSING. HELP ME PLEASE

Wulfstr14

Systematikz

It's your fuel pump. Replace it. It's not your distributor module like i've always thought it could be. I'm going through the same problem as we speak.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
start by replacing your fuel filter

if it still happens, get a fuel pressure tester and test your fuel pressure

could be a bad fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator

XxCaryxX

Also, in disagreement from Systematiks, I have had stalling problems, odometer spikes like crazy, and other symptoms i apologize for not remembering, that were the direct repercussion of a faulty Distributor. One of the wires from the interior modules had come loose and it was under warranty so I took it back. GL in fixing your problems and I hope I helped in some way. :)

coujac

Hey Wulfstr14,

Have you found the problem with the car? My fiance is having the same problems, same year car. Just had the timing belt changed as well.

Thanks, Paul