how to replace 94 teg starter (please)

CarbonFiberKyle

I have seen similar posts but no real answers. I am needing to replace my starter, I have done this in the past on other vehicles and it wasn't too difficult. Can anyone give me instructions? I really don't want to go out and buy a Hanyes manual. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
1.) Disconnect the battery
2.) Remove intake tube
3.) Disconnect power and ground from starter (there's 2 connections, You'll see them. nothing hidden)
4.) take off (2) 14mm Bolts. One on top and one on bottom of the starter (if need be, take the passenger side wheel off to get to the bottom, but you should be able to feel where it is just by reaching around and getting it with an extention)
5.) Take old starter out
6. Put new starter in, reverse steps.

:thumbs up

CarbonFiberKyle

Thanks alot guys. I figured it was easy, Just wanted to make sure before I started it. I friend told me horror stories about dropping front axel and stuff like that to get to it. That was on a 92 civic hatchback, glad it is not the case this my teg. You guys rock.....OUT!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Thanks alot guys. I figured it was easy, Just wanted to make sure before I started it. I friend told me horror stories about dropping front axel and stuff like that to get to it. That was on a 92 civic hatchback, glad it is not the case this my teg. You guys rock.....OUT!
lol, that's to do an alternator you need to drop the drivers axle, but not the starter... starter is really easy on any honda pretty much.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
oh that works! haha i didnt know how but i knew someone somewhere else did!

CarbonFiberKyle

Got it done boys, too bad that wasn't the darn problem. I now wan't to bypass my clutch saftey switch, anytakers on how to do that? I posted this thread as well.