no constant 12v on my radio harness..

cvc7chris

Hustler
when i bought the car it came with a shitty older pioneer deck so i took it out and i wired my Newer Pioneer dck with a EXTRA radio hardness i had. so when i'm wiring it looking for the 12v+ constant i accidently touch the yellow constant 12v to the metal and it sparks a bit and i'm like crap (i shouldn't of been wiring it in the first place with power going to the hardness but i wasn't thinking) anyways i don't have a constant 12v going to the radio hardness anymore! i checked ALL the fuses and all are good. i got a little electricity tester (the screwdriver looking one with a ground cable coming out of it) and when i pull Fuse #7 (15 amp fuse) i test it and i get no power BUT when i turn the key on i DO the screwdrive tester thing DOES light up, but still have NO power at the constant on my radio....i pluged up 2 dif. radio hardness and still no power.

now if i run both (ignition/constants on my radio) to the 12volt ignition on my car it DOES turn on and everything but it won't save the settings u know. so i'm trying to wire it the RIGHT way...

and another thing the Dash clock doesn't work no more =[

what could be wrong? could there another fuse somewhere that i'm not checking? i checked ALL the fuses under the dash, and under the hood...

i'm getting ready to wire a straight wire to the battery and hook it up to the deck with a fuse..but idk why the clock isn't working either?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Sounds like you blew a wire out somewhere between your 12v wire and the fuseblock.

Grab a volt meter and check resistance between the fuse and your end of the wire. Should tell you what's up.

that is if your for sure all the fuses are good... Check the interior lighting fuse and see if that one is still good. a buddy of mine did that with his DA and it took us probably 45 minutes of trouble shooting to figure out it was just a fuse he said he had already checked.... lol

cvc7chris

Hustler
i did replace the 15amp fuse with the (extra fuse 15a i found in the slot beside it) according to the manual that came with my car, and still doesn't work..all interior lighting works too...just the cigarette lighter, dash clock and constant 12v don't work =[

mirrorimg

The clock isnt working? Did you check the 7.5 amp fuse in the engine bay? The programmed channels wont save because thats what the constant 12v does.

cvc7chris

Hustler
yeah i checked all headlights, tail lights, turn signals, int. lights, hazard lights, spedo works too..idk what it cud be =[

mirrorimg

Its the only 7.5A fuse in the box near the battery. I think its the Backup fuse. It is usually the cause of peoples radio/clock not working.

cvc7chris

Hustler
fixed it..it was the backup fuse idk how i could of missed it...fuck..

it was fine ealrier when i checked it lol..

thanks!!

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Yeah it's a common mistake. The 15A under the dash is for the radio's accessory power. The ECU memory, radio memory, clock memory, and one other thing I'm forgetting all run on the the white/blue wire which goes to the under-hood 7.5A as you just found out.