Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Cigarette Lighter Fuse

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 12-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
Joshmmc

Default Cigarette Lighter Fuse

I bought my car a while ago and just noticed now for the first time that the cigarette lighter does not work, when I went to plug in my cell phone charger.

The unit itself looks mint, and no previous owners have even used it to smoke, so I think it's most likely a fuse. I popped open the fuse panel underneath the steering wheel, but can't find any indication of which fuse is for the cigarette lighter. Apparently it's the same fuse used for accessories? I've done a pretty thorough search on Google and these forums and can't find a diagram.

Help appreciated if anyone can point out wich fuse I should look at.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
mirrorimg

My manual says its fuse #23, which is a 15A fuse that feeds the stereo and cigarette lighter.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
phatintegra

If I remember corectly there is a fuse behine the cig lighter itself. As for the Fuse can't remember if it's tie into the radio or not. I check later on today or first thing in the mrng for you.
phatintegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
mirrorimg

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatintegra View Post
If I remember corectly there is a fuse behine the cig lighter itself. As for the Fuse can't remember if it's tie into the radio or not. I check later on today or first thing in the mrng for you.
There is something called the "Thermofuse case" which the cigarette light plugs into. I would check the fuse out before replacing the assembly.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Joshmmc

Alright, I located the Fuse numbered 23. I didn't even notice they had numbers on them. However, if it is the case that the lighter and stereo share a fuse, then it can't be that fuse because my stereo works 100%. Where abouts is this thermofuse case? What's the best way to pull the whole housing out?

Last edited by Joshmmc; 12-14-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Joshmmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:21 AM   #6
94dc4
My name matches again lol

Quote:
Y'all think this would be true for 2nd gens too? Whoever wired up the radio did a terrible job so a bunch of stuff on the inside of my car doesn't work. I traced the problem to a disconnected blue and white wire but even connecting it back didn't fix the cigarette lighter problem (although I had a clock and map lights for like 2 minutes ), and after a few minutes some sort of relay/plug near the radio started making a loud screeching noise so I unplugged the blue and white wire. Could this be it? Like the OP said, my radio works just fine, and all fuses are fine.

I've gotten used to no clock and no interior lights, but I'd really like a working cigarette lighter. lol

"People will always hate. Just got to keep your hands on the steering wheel and don't look back" JDMxDB8

DA Squad #35

I hate being a broke college student.

1994 DC4 LS

1991 DA9 LS (traded to DMART90_DA9)

Last edited by 94dc4; 12-14-2009 at 01:26 AM.
94dc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #7
Joshmmc

^

If the wiring is all tampered with, then you may just want to get a Hanes manual or something that gives elaborate detail of the electrical system and see if you can restore it to the factory circuitry. I'm hoping that my problem just requires popping out the lighter unit itself and either replacing a little fuse in behind, or perhaps spending a few bucks and getting a new unit.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
94dc4

I downloaded this scanned manual online somewhere and put it on my jump drive. That's how I figured out the problem. I'm not that great with wiring diagrams though, lol.

I just came to that conclusion because all my stuff (except the cigarette lighter) worked for a few minutes after I connected the wire and then all of a sudden the rear defroster button blinked and clicked and I hear a loud squeak coming from some black relay or plug-looking thing.

But as far as the cigarette lighter itself, I might take it out tomorrow to see if there's an extra fuse or something directly on it.

"People will always hate. Just got to keep your hands on the steering wheel and don't look back" JDMxDB8

DA Squad #35

1994 DC4 LS

Last edited by 94dc4; 12-14-2009 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #9
phatintegra

I'm not sure on a Gen2 how it's wired up because I never took one apart. I can call my guys up that they own an Audio/Tint shop. I find out for you and report back later on today.

I know there are relays. I'm thinking one of them took a dump or you wired something wrong meaning you got + with - or - with + where it need to be connected with + with + - with -.

Where are you located? If your close I can take a look at it but I can't help you much over the internet without me seeing the picture with my own eyes.

Last edited by phatintegra; 12-14-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
Civic98KH
Hondata Tunes My Life

check the fuse box under the hood i think it is the back up fuse, well at least that is how mine was, does your clock work?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
Joshmmc

Yeah, clock and stereo both work. That's what makes it seem unrelated to a fuse, unless the cigarette lighter does have it's own fuse tucked away somewhere.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #12
94dc4

Quote:
I'm not sure on a Gen2 how it's wired up because I never took one apart. I can call my guys up that they own an Audio/Tint shop. I find out for you and report back later on today.

I know there are relays. I'm thinking one of them took a dump or you wired something wrong meaning you got + with - or - with + where it need to be connected with + with + - with -.

Where are you located? If your close I can take a look at it but I can't help you much over the internet without me seeing the picture with my own eyes.
I'm in north Texas lol and that'll be cool. I never did go out to look at my car today. I've been real lazy. Maybe tomorrow, lol

DA Squad #35

1994 DC4 LS

Old 12-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #13
phatintegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmmc View Post
Yeah, clock and stereo both work. That's what makes it seem unrelated to a fuse, unless the cigarette lighter does have it's own fuse tucked away somewhere.
Yes there is a fuse right behind the cig lighter you need to pull that center piece to get to it. I belive it's 15amps fuse inside the white tube.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
phatintegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94dc4 View Post
I'm in north Texas lol and that'll be cool. I never did go out to look at my car today. I've been real lazy. Maybe tomorrow, lol
Did not have time to call them but I be heading to the shop this week to swap out side markers.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:32 AM   #15
suspendedHatch
Legalize Illegal Aliens

Get a multimeter, switch it to 20 DC, stick the red probe in the cig lighter on the little tab all the way in the back. Put the black probe on the inside of the casing of the cig lighter or even just stick it in your key cylinder. Tell us what you get.

Make sure the cig lighter is plugged in. When you remove that console, you can disconnect a wire harness that goes to the lighter only. Maybe someone forgot to plug it back in.

suspendedHatch is offline   Reply With Quote