help with my b20z2

DA9 TANK

i have a 93 integra that has a b20z2 block and a b16 head i have the motor in already and it drives, the only thing is that i know for a fact its not running as strong as it should to me, it seems like my old LS motor was a lot faster.

when i turn my car on from a cold start it sound good, like its suspost to, but when it starts to get worm its does its little idle bounce from 1100 an bounces up to2200, i figured let me change the adle air control valve witch im waiting for the part to come in but also my friend that timed my car has his own car shop in texas, he told me with my idle air control valve making my idle bounce like that makes it hard to tyme.

when im driving my car and im tryin to keep my speed steady and holding the gas peddle steady my car attends to bogg, it sounds like my car dies an i decrease in speed like if i was downshfting untill i give it more gas or let off...

i have this once sencer on the back of the block like acouple of inches above the oil filter i heard thats my knock sensor, im not shure but i never cliped it in. i tryed but it just wont clip in so now im wating for one to come it i bought for a 93 integra, but anywho when i drive it it sounds like a miss fire of somewhat do you think its from that sencer?

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
does it do it when u floor it, mine does that when it cold, adn even when its warm, if im running it hard, around 5k rpms in 4th it begins to sound like it missfires or is gasping for air or something.
TEXAS FTW :)

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
If it was a timing problem I think it would happen all the time, every day, no question about it. But, since this is more of a bogging down problem maybe it is the IACV.

Sounds like your IACV is the culprit. My DB1 acted the same way when I had a bad wire going to the IACV.
Also, don't bother timing the car. Set the distributor to dead center.
The ECU adjusts so the timing is correct. This is works assuming that you don't have any other related issues going on with the car.
At least, that's what the Honda Master tech I used to work with told me.

BTW, where in Tx are you?

DA9 TANK

you can here the bogg/sputuring all thrugh the RPM band its you can just notice more in the Hi-RPM....

yeah, im from the DFW area

DA9 TANK

what about that sencer on the back of the block by the oil filter, what sencer is that will that be another thing that mite be aproblem or no?

94dc4

My name matches again lol
TEXAS FTW :)
YESSIR! I'm from the Funk but I currently reside in Arlington.

Tank, last time my car wouldn't do anything when I accelerated was when I had a loose ground wire or something in my DC4, but that shit was a lot more violent. The car either wouldn't respond to the gas pedal, or it would throttle itself. When this happened, the check engine light blinked. It might simply be that sensor that isn't plugged in.

Does your VTEC even work?

What map are you running on the ECU?

Also, I hope you're not running around without an airfilter of some sort. That's just asking for trouble.

DA9 TANK

YESSIR! I'm from the Funk but I currently reside in Arlington.

Tank, last time my car wouldn't do anything when I accelerated was when I had a loose ground wire or something in my DC4, but that shit was a lot more violent. The car either wouldn't respond to the gas pedal, or it would throttle itself. When this happened, the check engine light blinked. It might simply be that sensor that isn't plugged in.

Does your VTEC even work?
im peaced it all...

as of right now, no my vtec is not working...

i cleaned the IAC put it back on and still ran like shit, i bout a nother one, the idle sounds a lot better, an nomore idle bounce, i can 2 step it now w/o the idle bounce as before, but now i got to get my car timed again cause my friend timed it with the idle all messed up, now that i change it you can realy tell my car needs to be timed... once i get that fixed, i will start working on my vtec

DA9 TANK

What map are you running on the ECU?

Also, I hope you're not running around without an airfilter of some sort. That's just asking for trouble.
oh no no no no sir...haha thats when i just put the motor in...

i got a chipped p28 with a gsr base map

Last edited:

DA9 TANK

just a couple of picks after peaced together... the last pick, yea i had a rearmain seal went bad, so i went ahead an bought a new one replaced the throw out bearring for the tranz an had to redo my vtec oil line