Where is the data link connector .. cannot find it ...

aidanodr

Where is the data / Diagnostic link connector ( DLC ) .. I FOUND IT ...

Hi Guys,

Over with mechanic today, we went through the whole dash to find the data / Diagnostic link connector ( DLC ) to try and reset the Throttle Body. We could not find it anywhere.

I have a 1998 Integra TI 1592cc DC1 car: ( jap import ):

It is supposed to be in the passenger footwell area toward the middle of the dash somewhere?? No sign.

Appreciate any help on this to find it?

Thanks Guys
Aidan

Last edited:

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
it shoudl be there... thats really weird that you cant find it. but that is where i thought it was... try looking again. maybe on the drivers side

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
There's no such thing as "resetting the throttle body". That and the fact that your mechanic couldn't find it really makes me question this so-called mechanic. I recommend you find someone else.

The diagnostic connector is behind the console below the stereo and facing the front passengers left foot. Basically behind the cig lighter.

This car is easy... try finding it in a Legend or a Mercedes.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
There's no such thing as "resetting the throttle body". That and the fact that your mechanic couldn't find it really makes me question this so-called mechanic. I recommend you find someone else.

The diagnostic connector is behind the console below the stereo and facing the front passengers left foot. Basically behind the cig lighter.

This car is easy...
^This.

try finding it in a Legend or a Mercedes.
Been there. fucking Daimler wiring....

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Hi Guys,

Over with mechanic today, we went through the whole dash to find the data / Diagnostic link connector ( DLC ) to try and reset the Throttle Body. We could not find it anywhere.

I have a 1998 Integra TI 1592cc DC1 car: ( jap import ):

It is supposed to be in the passenger footwell area toward the middle of the dash somewhere?? No sign.

Appreciate any help on this to find it?

Thanks Guys
Aidan
what is that? ive never heard of a 1.6 liter teg or a DC1?

aidanodr

what is that? ive never heard of a 1.6 liter teg or a DC1?
Its a Jap Honda Integra DC1 Ti style, alternatively an Acura Integra I imagine. The engine is precisely 1592cc.

Found this via google:

DC1 = JDM non vtec engine ZC / 2 door body
DC2 = B18C vtec engine either GSR or ITR / 2 door body
DC4 = B18A1 or B18B1 USDM non vtec engine / 2 door body
DB8 = B18C vtec engine either GSR or ITR / 4 door body
DB7 = B18A1 or B18B1 USDM non vtec engine / 4 door body

aidan

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
i stand corrected. there is a DC1. is has the D16A8/9 (ZC) motor. thats was the base model in japan and europe. and is RHD.

aidanodr

op wanna sell me your window visors? lol.
How about the whole car and I will throw in the visors :D

Anyways after much searching I found it. For the benefit of others AND baring in mind it is RHD, it was just below the left bottom corner of the glove compartment "door" behind the passenger kick fascia near where the door closes and at about the level of the speaker in the door. It has a GREEN rubber sleeve in which are two "port" units. One is the one we were looking for with the two pin connector, the other was a little larger. You need to pull this connector out of the rubber sleeve.

Heres a handy few pictures and an explanation plus codes:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=34

So with the above link page on my lappy I crossed the two pins with a paper clip, turned engine to ON, it resulted in 3 codes blinked by the CEL:

14 - Electronic Air Control OR the IACV - Idle Air Control Valve
3 - Map Sensor
7 - Throttle Angle

No doubt it is the throttle angle that may be causing issues with the other two??

Maybe the Mass Airflow Sensor ( 3? ) is in turn causing 14 and being caused by 7??

Any wisdom appreciated
Aidan

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
How about the whole car and I will throw in the visors :D

Anyways after much searching I found it. For the benefit of others AND baring in mind it is RHD, it was just below the left bottom corner of the glove compartment "door" behind the passenger kick fascia near where the door closes and at about the level of the speaker in the door. It has a GREEN rubber sleeve in which are two "port" units. One is the one we were looking for with the two pin connector, the other was a little larger. You need to pull this connector out of the rubber sleeve.

Heres a handy few pictures and an explanation plus codes:

http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=34

So with the above link page on my lappy I crossed the two pins with a paper clip, turned engine to ON, it resulted in 3 codes blinked by the CEL:

14 - Electronic Air Control OR the IACV - Idle Air Control Valve
3 - Map Sensor
7 - Throttle Angle

No doubt it is the throttle angle that may be causing issues with the other two??

Maybe the Mass Airflow Sensor ( 3? ) is in turn causing 14 and being caused by 7??

Any wisdom appreciated
Aidan
would if i didnt already own one.