Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

B20 Turbo Daily Driver Build

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 04-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
Rx7driver4Life

Default B20 Turbo Daily Driver Build

Let me introduce my self im Chris and this is my mission.

I have had my fare share of turbo RX-7's in my day but im am as new as it gets to Honda motors. I have in my 97 integra GS with a b20b motor with a Skunk2 Intake manifold and throttle body, and a light weight flywheel. the B20 I have has a 9/6 Stamped on the head so I figure from my searching it is a 8.8:1 compression 96 JDM motor since it only has B20B on the block with no number. From what i know this is a nice compression ratio for boost, but I have read that the cylinder walls are thin in this block. I am looking for maybe 6-7 psi to make the car quicker, not for racing I have my LT1 V8 RX-7 for that.

What I know I need:
Manifold, Turbo, Oil Feed, Oil Drain, FMIC, BOV, Waste gate depending if internal or external, and a downpipe.

What I need to know:
What are my options for ECU control can i work with the stock ECU?
Will 6-7 Psi with supporting mods be alright on this motors longevity?
I already have a Walbro 255lph fuel pump on the car this care used to be boosted can i reuse?
other than other accessories like gauges, clamps, ect... anything else I need.
Rx7driver4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
jznsn2u

Welcome to Club Integra. Good luck on your build. Just some friendly advice, you should post plenty of pictures

For more updates on Hawaii's Car scene, Please my photography page!
https://www.facebook.com/JZNSN2UPHOTOGRAPHY

jznsn2u.tumblr.com
instagram @ jznsn2u

>MEAL OF THE DAY

> CEL - ECU/ABS CODES
jznsn2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
DAmonzt3r
db1 is love

a b20 is good for boost you can even go a lil higher on the psi and one thing u need to upgrade its your fuel injectors and maybe a FPR and imo you should go with a external WG b/c the internal one might give you problems
DAmonzt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #4
Rx7driver4Life

Ok turns out i have a ecu for the thing so lets see how it goes.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
mirrorimg

Unless you dont drive it until its boosted, I would be careful using the map on that ECU on a naturally aspirated motor.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
Rx7driver4Life

i have been driving the car for about a year now with no problems. Car does not smoke and does great on gas so i see no problem driving it. I mean I had a turbo RX-7 with a standalone not to long ago and when my turbo motor blew i ran a N/a motor on the same tune I had for the turbo and it ran good a little lean in the higher rpm (15.2:1 by the wideband) but otherwise good. It actually was better on gas. since it never saw boost being N/A it never added fuel to the base map.
Old 04-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #7
sugarfree135
matt

Send a message via Yahoo to sugarfree135

you will have to get it re tuned after your build because the basemap on it now was for a specific setup and yes you will need injectors but with a low boost application don't bother buying a fpr or fuel rail. I would honestly look into what injectors are actually in it right now cuase i find it hard to believe that you could be running n/a with stock 240's and all on the turbo tune for 440+ cc injectors. What program are you tuned with do you know?
kool thanks everybudy!! and as for lowering iv realy bin thinking bout doen a koni yellow/ ground control setup...
sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #8
Rx7driver4Life

no idea bought the car as you see it