Driving over speed bumps.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
So my car has cut stock springs. I didn't cut them.. so I bought new ones and they're going in this weekend.

Today I drove out to the store, and I bottomed out my car nearly 10 times over speed bumps..
I'm fine with dips, but I have no idea how to get over speed bumps with out grinding!

I tried to angle my car as I went over the bumps, but I still grind.. I tried the angle and giving it gas halfway over the bump but I just grind still.. if I go straight.. I just flat out bottom my car to the point where I think my car will get stuck on the bump haha

So any tips? or is it just impossible to go over speed bumps without grinding most of the time?

bradster101

pretty sure its impossible... I always hit my mud flaps no matter what I do

But Im always looking for another way to get where Im going without them damn speed bumps, usually theres enough room to drive around them

rockadilla

thats right.
Go REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALY slooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!

jznsn2u

pull to the side and go slow.

every time i scrape a shed a tear inside.

IN_Honda

just go as slow as possible, and try to maintain your car angled at all time

or you can keep two boards in your car and every time you got to go over a speed bump you pull them out :lol:
just thought of this and i think i might try it myself lmao

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1. new shocks
2. lowering springs, coilovers, stock springs, sleeved coilovers

get rid of the cut springs and it will be fine. your shocks are probably blown to shit

mirrorimg

Ive got a better idea. If you scrape no matter how slow you go (and it will happen no matter what if you are too low) then go around the bumps, or find new ways to get to places. You may have to park far away from where you are going if you cant make it over speed bumps.

bradster101

I always hate it when people look at you like your some kind of idiot because you have to think about how to go over speed bumps lol

O and when big trucks and sh!t get really impatient when they dont want to wait for you... sh!ts intimidating when you can see other cars underneath them haha

ImElvis

Sup yo'
1. new shocks
2. lowering springs, coilovers, stock springs, sleeved coilovers

get rid of the cut springs and it will be fine. your shocks are probably blown to shit
stock springs going in this saturday hopefully, and I have skunk2 coilovers. while I'm getting the springs in I'll check out the shocks too. thanks!

I always hate it when people look at you like your some kind of idiot because you have to think about how to go over speed bumps lol

O and when big trucks and sh!t get really impatient when they dont want to wait for you... sh!ts intimidating when you can see other cars underneath them haha
I so agree with you.. everyone just stares at me when I angle my car to go over the speed bump, and I'm doing it all slow trying not to grind.. haha. Yeah I just hate those giant trucks.. lifted or not, most of the trucks here have gigantic tires and are driven by some guy thrashing to metal.

ImElvis

Sup yo'
oh yeah! i disconnected my axle-back, and it's kind of hanging down.. like how it usually sticks on because of the screws, now the pipe is just hanging there waiting to fall off.
i was just wondering if it was possible for me to bang it on a speed bump, and ending up with it ripping off the bottom of my car and messing up the rear bumper?