97 integra transmission removal

ruegga2010

can anyone help me with removing my tranny.....this iz my first time...ill b replacing my clutch......any help will b great

spyk3

make sure you have wrenchs sockets shallow and deep in 1/4 3/8 and half inch if you want me to i have access to alldata and i can print you off step by step of how to do it...make sure you have jack stands and a floor jack (2 floor jacks makes it 10 times easier). i had to replace mine, on dirt, 2 jack stands, pos factory jack ......transmission is quiet heavy while lying on the ground.

spyk3

actually i got bored so here you go

Disconnect the negative (-) cable from the battery, then the positive (+) cable.

Remove the intake air duct and the air cleaner housing assembly.

Disconnect the back-up light switch connector and the transmission ground wire.

Remove the lower radiator hose clamp from the transmission hanger B.

Remove the wire harness clamps.

Disconnect the starter motor cables and the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) connector.

Remove the clutch pipe bracket and the slave cylinder. NOTE: Do not operate the clutch pedal once the slave cylinder has been removed.

Remove the three upper transmission mounting bolts and the lower starter motor mounting bolt.

Drain the transmission oil, then reinstall the drain plug with a new washer.

Remove the engine splash shield.

Disconnect the heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) connectors, then remove the exhaust pipe A, and the three way catalytic converter (B18C1 engine).

Remove the cotter pins and loosen the castle nuts, then separate the ball joints from the lower arm.

Remove the right damper fork.

Remove the driveshafts and the intermediate shaft. NOTE: Coat all precision finished surfaces with clean engine oil or grease. Tie plastic bags over the driveshaft ends.

Remove the heat shield (B18C1 engine).

Remove the bolt, then disconnect the extension rod.

Remove the clip and the spring pin, then disconnect the shift rod.

Remove the front (B18C1 engine) and the rear engine stiffeners.

Remove the clutch cover.

Remove the right front mount/bracket.
Place a transmission jack under the transmission and a jack stand under the engine.

Remove the transmission mount.

Remove the rear mount bracket bolts and the transmission mounting bolts.

Pull the transmission away from the engine until it clears the mainshaft, then lower it on the transmission jack.