Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

alternator/battery problem car keeps dying

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
damianb401

Default alternator/battery problem car keeps dying

hey guys alright here's my problem, recently my car has been dying on me on the road. The car dies and wont crank/start up again after. Originally I assumed it was my battery so I switched it out for a new one. The problem kept up so I had my alternator swapped out for a brand new one but the car still dies out after 15 minutes of driving. It starts with a jump but dies whenever the battery drains completely it seems like nothing is recharging it. another thing is that my odometer/speedo died when the problem first started.

Anybody have any ideas?
damianb401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
mirrorimg

The wire running from the alternator to the battery could be faulty, so even though the Alternator is working, the power is not getting to the battery. I would start by checking the 100A alternator fuse, then testing the power at the battery or wire while the car is running. If it reads 14.5V, then its charging, if not, the power is not making it there.

The wire runs from the alternator, through the wiring harness to the fusebox in the engine bay.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
gooffeeman

it also could be that when you had your alt installed the battery wasn't off the car and on a battery charger...and drained battery isnt good for a new alternator..even if its only at 11.5v..you might need a new alternator..just have it swapped for a new one
gooffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #4
B209

is there a specific name for that wire that connects from the battery to the altenator? cause i'm having the same exact problems i replaced my altenator and battery and my car is still dying on me
B209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Spawne32
Shut up baby, I know it!

Folks a simple multimeter can diagnose your problem very quickly, you should be seeing 14+ volts at idle with no load on the alt when the car is running, when your battery is fully charged and the car is off you should see around 12.7v or more. Ive been through plenty of parts store alternators to know that even getting one brand new out of the box can still be faulty. On an old car I had i went through 4 advanced auto parts alternators before I finally got one that worked, by the end of that job I was ready to murder someone at the parts store let me tell you.

Auto Integra Squad Member #1 For a Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95LTX
my car hasnt had 02 sensors in.. forever. it roams around in a open loop speed density tune. killing small children and raping helpless mothers at night.
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
klutchDb7
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

2 year old thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjoEnX View Post
He ain't selling it. The car has been spiritually embedded in his soul. If it leaves, Cole will die, I will cry, Patrick will giggle, and everyone will want parts.
klutchDb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
Spawne32
Shut up baby, I know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutchDb7 View Post
2 year old thread....
god damnit...

Auto Integra Squad Member #1 For a Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95LTX
my car hasnt had 02 sensors in.. forever. it roams around in a open loop speed density tune. killing small children and raping helpless mothers at night.
Spawne32 is offline   Reply With Quote