Hood won't close

sriracha

My hood latches but it won't fully close. I tried pulling back the wire but that doesn't seem to make any impact either. When I pull back the hood release from within the car, the spring still moves. Any thoughts? Time for a new latch? How much?

jznsn2u

it wont lock when you slam it? did you hit something? usually when the hood doesnt close flush, somethings in the way - bent frame, tools in the way? check your local junkyard/salvaged yard/pick n pull for a new hoodlatch + cable. its an easy install.

a1r12j0rdan

Half Way Gone
you have to push the actuall wiree towards the passenger side.. you really haveta get in there with a screwdriver.. but yea the latch could be broken if that doesnt work (i have the same problem everytime i open my hood i haveta do it)

sriracha

it wont lock when you slam it? did you hit something? usually when the hood doesnt close flush, somethings in the way - bent frame, tools in the way? check your local junkyard/salvaged yard/pick n pull for a new hoodlatch + cable. its an easy install.
It won't lock. It was working previously but it just stopped one day. Does the hood latch have to be from an Integra specifically?

sriracha

you have to push the actuall wiree towards the passenger side.. you really haveta get in there with a screwdriver.. but yea the latch could be broken if that doesnt work (i have the same problem everytime i open my hood i haveta do it)
I actually read from some places that it should be push toward the driver side. :/

BoostinTEG

Samething happened with my teg, replaced the whole latching system.
got it off a car at the junkyard.
now works good as new.

93DA/Mik

if no recent damage to the front end than try cleaning the latch.
people lube them up with all sorts of crap that draw dirt in and they stop working.
take it to a parts washer or spray it with pb blaster than lube it back up with some white lythium grease.

The Panch

The Homie
OK I FOUND THIS THREAD BCUZ

i just did my 2001 conversion on my 94..and the hood wont close aswell.

it did before with the 94 hood which is the same right?

but the car WAS in an accident. could someone take pictures of their hood latch AND

The brackets that the hood bolts to

i know no one wants to remove their hood for me . but if you do. place the brackets flat down and take a pic. i know mine are way off so i wanna know where they are supposed to be.

so

Pic of latch
pic of brackets.

PLEASE and TY

Last edited:

trebolDC2

B18C1Yeah Buddy!!!!!
Just spray some pb blaster on the latch and push the cable to the right and then close the hood * make sure the lever is not up when u close it

The Panch

The Homie
o_O im confused

more info tho

the passenger side sits pretty flush its the driver thats popping up.

where the brackets are its pretty even...but when u go down the line the driver side stays popped up

No nothing is blocking.

the car was hit from the passenger fender/front

the old hood would bend at top driver side, even time i propped it up

this one doesnt cuz i bent the bracket to what i think is right.