Left Side Speakers Inop?--help!!

Cman46290

Alright, SO... I bought my car last week.... and only the right front speaker and tweeter were working at the time.... sooo...pulled the cover on the right front... and its stock speaker still...

I can tell the guy had subs in previously... because i see the wiring still under the carpet... and behind the ashtray.

So i went ahead and looked at all the other speakers... all speakers were still in... and stock speaker still as well... and still hooked up.... but the right rear speaker was missing altogether.. and there was a wire spliced into the speaker wire back there.... so i installed a speaker to the wiring.. and the right rear speaker works now... so now i got both right side speakers working...

Now my question is.... why arent the left side speaker working at all? There is no sound AT ALL coming from the LF and LR speakers... or the tweeter... yet they are hooked up with the factory wiring still... any ideas?

Thanks~

-Corey

Last edited:

Cman46290

Its an aftermarket head unit... but thats it... other than the right rear speaker i put in myself thats aftermarket...

I think im gunna just have to pull the head unit and check the wiring to see if the wiring back there got tampered with or the connections bad.

Does anyone have a diagram of the speaker wiring to the back of the head unit showing colors for the left side speakers.... and how to take the head unit out?

-Thanks

GOTBOOST?

Who needs all motor?
It's probably the wiring to the harness. Are you able to pull out the head unit and see the harness? It could be a bad connection between the new harness that had to be bought and connected to hook up to the stock harness. Also it could be that the connection to the speakers. i'd check that first. I don't think it would be a fuse but you never know when it comes to people wiring their cars. i've seen some crazy shit in my short time working on cars.

Cman46290

Tried pulling the aftermarket head unit... no luck... i got the center console out.... then the trim arounf the shifter and all that around the ashtray and lighter... got that all pulled out... but couldnt manage to find how to remove the aftermarket head unit...i did see the wiring back there... and there is a bunch of aftermarket wiring... so the dude before me must have had a system in this thing.... its got some RCA 's... some other cables that look like RCA's... but i dont think they are... they were monster cables of some sort... then it had a DC Alpine converter (some sort of little silver box)... but still i didnt have the head unit all the way out... just could get in far enough to look up and see all this stuff....

So idk now at this point wtf to do...

Any ideas?

gooffeeman

you still need to pull the radio out all the way!!! you need to check the wiring!! not being able to pull the radio wont help you!!

InTeGrA89

have you tried adjusting the Balance on the deck?

Prozon

Kris
^^ Balance could be it.

It is also possible that the left side speakers are just dead. Oddly enough I've seen it more than once. My dad's Chevy truck has no left side speakers.. and when I got my Chevy blazer it didn't have the right side lol.
I wonder if that's just a Chevy thing. Who knows, could be as simple as balance on the deck or you could need speakers.