-Energy polyurethane Torque mount inserts
-Outer Tie Rod ends replaced
-Front wheel bearings replaced
-Lower ball joints replaced
-Sway Bar Links replaced

------------------------------------------------------------------
The beginning~

Alrighty guys~
I have been creepin on this site now for some months :)... before and after getting my 1997 GSR. Some of you may have seen some threads already from me... showing it when i got it... and showing the wheels and stuff. I wanted to go ahead and make an official build/progress thread now... because i definitely plan on doing some work to the car OVER TIME.... and i just wanted to go ahead and introduce myself to you all anyways!

Im going to be using the car mainly as my daily driver... to drive to and from work in St. Louis. and i need to get good gas mileage... but still want to "play" with it some... and do some basic DIY modding and small bolt on mods to keep it clean and simple... but nice.

My name is Corey... and I live right across the river from St. Louis, MO....in Belleville, IL.

Here is my 1997 GSR right after buying it.

And the ugly ricer Altezza tails! :roll: ... they have been replaced with stock tails already :)

And the nasty wheels when i got it... I NEED NEW WHEELS/TIRES BAD! AHH (and some inexpensive lowering springs to throw on the stock struts)

And here is what the front wheels looked like after wet sanding them some.. polishing them... and putting some clear coat on... they turned out decent.. but i really just want new wheels. (i only did the fronts for now due to TIME)

And here are a couple random pics~

Well thats it for now... ill update soon.. just washed it yesterday and sanded heads/tails... and put new air filter in! Let me know what ya guys think!

-Corey

Last edited:

Cman46290

Absolutely~ Thanks! Ill post pics soon with the OEM tails.

I thought it was gunna be easy too to get the OEM's put back on... a simple unbolt/take off/ and bolt on new OEM's.... but the stupid ass Altezza's had LED's for the brake lights... so they had the wiring all hacked to wire these POS tails in... so i had to undo all the wiring.. and rewire in the stock tails. Pain in the ASS. But not too bad or hard.. i got it done.. and now its good and all working well~

More pics soon to come!

tgard

Nice. If you have the time to properly sand and polish your wheels they'll look really good though. That's what I would do. And get lock nuts for them too. :thumbs up

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks good man. Seems to be a in really good condition.

Are you planning on keeping the mesh wheels or upgrading?

Cman46290

Looks good man. Seems to be a in really good condition.

Are you planning on keeping the mesh wheels or upgrading?
I havent decided yet... i actually like the mesh wheels... if i can find some aftermarket springs to drop me just l;ike 1" front and rear on my stock struts... then i would be EXTREMELY happy....

For now and a while i will prolly keep these wheels... so im sure ill sand the other ones too... but if i come across a REALLY GOOD DEAL for some aftermarket wheels in good shape then i may buy~

-Corey

goofygamer

Congratulations on the grand opening of your build thread! haha It will be nice to come to the first page after you are completely finished with your car =D

AllmotorDc2

hey bro, i noticed ur headlights are pretty dirty. they got this headlight restorer at autozone that i just used on my lights and they are like new. only 20 bucks

Cman46290

hey bro, i noticed ur headlights are pretty dirty. they got this headlight restorer at autozone that i just used on my lights and they are like new. only 20 bucks
Thanks man~

But actually i have already wet sanded them and polished them with Meguires Plast-X... and they look much better now... thanks!

-Corey

Cman46290

Alrighty guys,

So last night i decided to go ahead and finish the wheel sanding... and do both rear wheels... it got dark before i finished the right rear one... but i still finished it... but i know i could have done better... but they still look 100X better.... here is the left rear wheel after finishing it....

Here is a pic with the OEM tails installed versus the Altezza's...

And here are a couple pics of some parts Ive gotten recently....

New aftermarket cam plug.

And a new fuel filter....

I will be installing both parts here soon.... still gotta get a valve cover gasket and spark plug tube seals bought before doing the cam plug.... so i can kill a few birds with one stone...

Well thats it for now... I did buy and install a new OEM air filter to my stock air box as well~

-Corey

Last edited:

whitedc4

eibach pro series lowering springs give you about an 1 and a half to 1.75 i've got some that i bought off a guy for 100 bucks i've never installed them if i was closer i'd sell em to you for 100 but i don't know if you wanna pay for shipping or not but i can post pics if you'd like they have gsr shocks and struts on them too

Cman46290

eibach pro series lowering springs give you about an 1 and a half to 1.75 i've got some that i bought off a guy for 100 bucks i've never installed them if i was closer i'd sell em to you for 100 but i don't know if you wanna pay for shipping or not but i can post pics if you'd like they have gsr shocks and struts on them too
Hmm yeah maybe PM me a pic of them... im a bit short on money at the moment... gotta wait to get the bills paid before i buy anuything else... but maybe send me a pic through PM... and ill take a look~

Thanks!

-Corey

Cman46290

Thanks guys! :)

Yeah i just wanna get all the maintenance done first to make sure she is in tip top shape before i do anything else....

It does need like every suspsnsion component/bushing replaced in the front end... being that it has over 177k miles... and everything is still stock... the bushings in the front end on the lower control arms and sway bar links look like thin flat pancakes...basically serving NO purpose... i can even hear my lower control arm on the right front hitting the frams when i hit bumps.... or even if i hit the brakes hard enough to make the car lunge forward... Very annoying i must say... but liveable until i get the money to fix it....

I gotta fight to keep the car straight coming to a hard stop over bumps... its like the steering wheel just DARTS left very hard... it kinda sucks....

Oh and the front wheel bearings whine a little too.. so gotta get them as well :(

All in due time :thumbs up

-Corey