Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

a/c removal & install

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 08-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
So Breazy

Default a/c removal & install

Hey guys, so I was wondering if its difficult to remove and install an a/c system. Mine currently doesn't have one so I would have to pick one up from the picknpull then install it as well. Any help would be great. Is there a DIY on it anywhere? I drive a 94 rs stock.
So Breazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Slo_Teggy
Slow Driver

So you want to install an AC system on a car that was not built with one? It's going to be hard I can tell you that much. I've never done it but depending on what your car has already, it sounds like a waste of money. Then again, I live in Canada so I love the heat when I can get it.

VrrrRRrrRrBBaaaaAAA

Join Me In Building My Facebook Page!!
Slo_Teggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
So Breazy

I believe the a/c was removed by a previous owner. I have the idea that I'm completely missing the idea here. But when I had my civic (which also had no a/c) during the winter, the inside of the car would NEVER heat up. Would that be because of some other reason? Because I always thought that the a/c would control heat settings as well. I live in canada too, edmonton of all places where winter sometimes hits -40 C. So I just wanted to get my teggy ready for winter so I don't freeze my ass off
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
Slo_Teggy
Slow Driver

AC = cold though...

I removed the AC in my Teg and I still have the exact same heat I had before. AC does nothing but allow cold air to enter your car. AC in the winter is for someone that lost a bet.

VrrrRRrrRrBBaaaaAAA

Join Me In Building My Facebook Page!!
Slo_Teggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
So Breazy

Hmm I guess my civic a/c problem must have been something else then. Well thanks for clearing things up for me. My tegs been sitting for like 2 months because I don't wana drive it untill I get
one of my broken wheel studs repaired which I haven't had time to do yet. Thanks for the help though dude!