Check Engine Light Reset?

LTC

Ok so I was red lining down the backroads to my house tonight and my check engine light came on i slowed down and the car drove fine after that i think i just overloaded the censor I drive a 2000 GSR can i reset it myself or do i have to go to autozone to get them to clear it?

insane_one

insane user
well it wouldnt come on to tell you to slow down. go get it checked out and find out WHY it came on and what the code is.

LTC

well it wouldnt come on to tell you to slow down. go get it checked out and find out WHY it came on and what the code is.
Well this same thing happened a while back excecpt i was reving my engine cause i just got my new air intake and was showing my friend and i think its the same thing that happened but ill geti t checked out tomarrow anyways :)

mirrorimg

The reset is underneath the drivers dash area...black box down near the gas pedal..just look for a blue button.
No. That is for the Maintenance Required light.

Jump the plug under the passenger side of the dash. Theres write ups for how to pull the codes by jumping the plug with a piece of metal (paper clip). Find out what code it is, correct it, then unplug the battery to clear it.

LTC

The reset is underneath the drivers dash area...black box down near the gas pedal..just look for a blue button.
Yeah i tried that and it diddnt work : / what exactly do i have to do before hitting the button?

LTC

No. That is for the Maintenance Required light.

Jump the plug under the passenger side of the dash. Theres write ups for how to pull the codes by jumping the plug with a piece of metal (paper clip). Find out what code it is, correct it, then unplug the battery to clear it.
ok ill try that tomarrow as well !! thanks

insane_one

insane user
well go to autozone and use the OBDII scanner to find out what the CEL code is. or research mirrorimg's method to pull the codes

Kinta94

Ok so I was red lining down the backroads to my house tonight and my check engine light came on
This isn't a good idea. Let someone professional tell you what is wrong there is a lot of things that can go wrong while having your motor reved that high could be something easy or not.

j13

Keep It Clean
On the right side under the dash theirs going to be a blue plug with 2 wires connected to it. Get a paper clip or a copper wire and bridge the wires to complete the connection, than turn the ignition on WITHOUT turning the starting the engine. The CEL will start flashing. Check how many times it flashes and use that number to find out what's the problem..lets say it flashes 25 times, search "ECU code 25 Integra" and you'll get to see what's the problem

Last edited: