Auto Transmission

ls96integra

What is difference between the MP7A versus the S4XA transmission.
Are they interchangeable on a 96 ls B18B1 engine? Are the parts interchangeable?

j13

Keep It Clean
mp7a? Are those transmission ID numbers?

Any auto tranny will fit any year of its own Gen

ls96integra

Yeah, MP7A are automatic transmission for 94-95 integras, and S4XA are for 96-99.
So an automatic transmission from a 95 would bolt up on a 96?

phatintegra

Banned
One is for OBD1 and the other is for OBD2. That is the only different on the Gen 3 tegs. Make sure you get the correct one for your vehicle.

ls96integra

It seems like a transmission from a 95 (OBD1) should work fine on a 96 (OBD2A), since all the electrical connectors look like they would match up. Can anyone confirm this?
Thank you for your help.

jstrong76

Please help! I just bought an automatic transmission with low miles that came from a 94 ls to replace mine in my 99 ls. I was told it will bolt up and work. My question is my car being OBDII and the trans coming out of a OBDI will it trigger my check engine light? One buddy said as long as its an auto to auto swap it's ok and that only converting to or from auto to manual would trigger the light if the ecu is wrong... I looked it up at autozone and the 94 has a MP7A trans and a 99 has a S4XA trans... will it matter? Please help because I need my car running. It is my commuter to and from both my jobs! Thanks

sinisterDB

when i looked around for a trans i was told its best to stick with the same obd even though both are interchangeable. if worse comes to worse the only thing youd have to do is either swap the connectors on the trans to match the harness you have now or swap the wires/pins in the connector to match the original trans your replacing