ICM & Ignition Coil Replacement ????

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Anyone have actually pictures of taking apart and replacing a ICM or Ignition Coil since I have no idea how to. Any type of help is greatly appreciated...trying to learn and replace it myself due to hard time with money instead of taking it to the shop. Since my car has no "sparks" is the ICM/Ignition Coil the issue? Once again thanks for all the help.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
I believe there's a tutorial on teamintegra.com with pics, and yes a dead ICM or coil would result in no spark, had same issue with mine.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Anyone know how to remove the dizzy rotor off...got the cap of but cant figure out how to remove the rotor (cant find the screw if there is one) to take of the cover to replace the ignition coil. Anyone know where the tutorial on this is located or anyone have actual pictures on how to.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
WOOT! WOOT!...Finally my teggy is ALIVE again. After weeks since it died on me from the post on the bottom. Just got done replacing the "ignition coil". I want to "SHOUT OUT A BIG THANK YOU" to ALL that have jumped on this post and the other post and helped me diagnosed my ignition problem. At least for now its running so another TEGGY on the street. Big thanks to you NICOALEX2 for the links above that was the missing puzzle to finally get it up and running. since its my first teggy and first time replacing anything on a car other than the light bulbs...LOL sad but true. Anyway just wanted to post to let everyone know my teggy will be back on the street again and to those who have the same issue as I do can reference to this. Note: I replaced the MAIN RELAY ($50) and the IGNITION COIL ($70). Once again thank you to all that helped. Since I don't have to waste time and money on figuring out why my teggy is dead. Now I can move on to the fun stuff such as building my teggy to kinda look like some of yours in here with the time and little money I saved...LOL! TEGGY RULES !!!

Previous post:

Once again, my integra died on me the other night randomly as it did before. It died on me coming home from a soccer game stopping at a stop sign. Like before, it cranks but won't start. Luckily it was only a street away from my house and I was able to push it home. Replaced the MAIN RELAY as suggested from the previous post. Drove it for about a week until it died again the other night. It was a unusual hot for the day for October in Minnesota. Kept it in the garage to cool off and tried starting it the other day...still cranks but won't start. Any suggestions on whats wrong. ICM? If so, where is it located? Please HELP !!! Running out of money and patience with the car.

Last edited:

nicoalex2

Great! Glad I could help. I had to change all of those things to only to find out it was my starter. That was the first time I ever touched anything in my engine bay also. Oh well, new parts never hurt.

The more you learn how to do these on our own the more you come to love your car. That's the way I feel atleast.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
So agree with you on that...I wish more people would post their fix afterward so we know tho. I see a lot of posts with the same issues similar to what I experienced but I have yet to see someone post anything back to see if their problem was resolved and what the fixed was.

Bizzyb

B18C1 lover
Knew it was .com or .net(teamintegra) just didn't have the link good looking out nicoalex2, glad your teggy is up and running man.