speedometer not working

bignachdawg

BiGNaChDaWg
i have a 94 teg and on the cluster everything works but the speedometer i was wondering if there were more than 3 sets of wires going into the back of the cluster so i could find out if it is an electric problem or the cluster is just bad

72Spitfire

Chances are your speedo sensor has gone bad. First check fuse #15 under the dash (I think it's a 10 amp). If the fuse is good, check the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). The sensor is located on the rear of the transmission held on by 2 10mm bolts.

I just replaced mine yesterday and it fixed the issue. Be sure to spray the plug with some brake cleaner to clean it out, they can get corroded. Good luck!

bishopintegra

i got a 94 teg and ive switched my vss and the gear that goes in the tarnny with 3 diff vss and 2 diff gears and i still have no speedo the wire that plugs onto the vss has power i cannot figure out why my speedo isnt working still some1 please help im out of stuff to try and just want the speedo to work so i can swap my ls vtec in i have a vtec controller that can by[ass it so vtec will work but id like a speedo anyway an im out of ideas

98GS

Maybe a stupid question.... but do u have indiglos on there? If you do the needle could be stuck. Just a thought

Sent from my XT912 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

bishopintegra

no i dont have any indiglos its an all stock cluster and i even switched clusters and still nothing ive followed wires n shit an cant find anything idk if theres somethin im missing and also my underdash fuse panel deosnt say any fuse for the speedo but i had a prob w my headlights recently when i switched them for white 1s the fuse in it some1 switched with a smaller fuse and it fixed that prob so maybe the speedo one is off but i dnt see anythign that says a fuse for anythign speedo related other than instrument light if any1 has any more suggestions or has gone through suttin like this i took them all out of the junkyard but i doubt all of them are all bad

ProjectTeg

Integra's FTMFW
Chances are your speedo sensor has gone bad. First check fuse #15 under the dash (I think it's a 10 amp). If the fuse is good, check the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). The sensor is located on the rear of the transmission held on by 2 10mm bolts.

I just replaced mine yesterday and it fixed the issue. Be sure to spray the plug with some brake cleaner to clean it out, they can get corroded. Good luck!

Sent from my phone.