Our Website Family: TunerSports.com ClubCivic.com ClubIntegra.com
Attention Acura Integra Visitor:  Remove this block by logging in above or r

Welcome to ClubIntegra.com.

A forum dedicated to the Acura Integra, including all generations. In order to post on this forum you will have to register.

Registration is free and will entitle you to other site features including access to post your Acura Integra in the member's garage, join in raffles for performance parts, etc.

To start viewing messages by generation, select the Acura Integra forum that you want to visit from the list below. Or view all Acura Integra forums.

Go Back   ClubIntegra.com - Acura Integra Forum > Integra Generations Tech > 3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Notices

Please SEARCH before posting a new thread. ->
Ready to Post a New Thread/Question? ->

Brake lights/horn fuse keeps blowing

3rd Generation Acura Integra (1994-2001)

Old 11-03-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
Speedy_Gonzales

Default Brake lights/horn fuse keeps blowing

also when you press the brakes it put static the the radio......any ideas what could be wrong ? its on a 1995 Accura Integra
Speedy_Gonzales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 AM   #2
stevoqb916

How is your radio wired who did it they might have ran a power from your fuse box possibly your lights so when u hit your brakes it causes interuption just a guess its all i can think of
stevoqb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
Speedy_Gonzales

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoqb916 View Post
How is your radio wired who did it they might have ran a power from your fuse box possibly your lights so when u hit your brakes it causes interuption just a guess its all i can think of
not sure how it is wired......had the car for 6 months and all worked fine till recently
Old 11-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
TheIVJackal
Freedom through Jesus

Send a message via AIM to TheIVJackal

Follow the wires from the brake switch, which is under the brake pedal, as far as you can back to the tail lights. Fuse is blowing from a short to ground. Chances are you will see the brake light wires damaged somewhere. -Aaron

"Speak nothing but the truth, and you'll soon be considered dangerous" - Ashleigh Brilliant

"The greatest trick the devil ever made was convince the world he didn't exist" - Unknown

"Those who are wise, learn from the mistakes of others" - Unknown
TheIVJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
fibe1s

my horn beake fuse keeps blowing to just noticed it like last week. are the horn and the cruise control conected somehow cus the cruse light stays on but wen the fuse blows it goes out
fibe1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
Speedy_Gonzales

need help please
Old 11-04-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
JohnCarter

Go out at night, in the dark, turn off the dome light, push brake pedal with your hand while looking around under the dash for sparks. Could be a wire in the trunk area that has been damaged also.
JohnCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
TheIVJackal
Freedom through Jesus

Send a message via AIM to TheIVJackal

Do what I said, that should be all you need to do. If that doesnt work, come back and ask for more help...

"Speak nothing but the truth, and you'll soon be considered dangerous" - Ashleigh Brilliant

"The greatest trick the devil ever made was convince the world he didn't exist" - Unknown

"Those who are wise, learn from the mistakes of others" - Unknown
TheIVJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:59 AM   #9
Triplej1414

Alright guys I really need some help too!
My 1995 acura integra keeps blowing fuses, brake light/cruise control/ horn (x4) & interior lights fuse (x1) & door locks (x1) & power windows (x1)

My horn button has been broken for a long time and used to honk nonstop and REALLY cause me some trouble with other drivers. And so i messed with it to try and fix it. I had the button atleast staying on but making contact, although the horn wasn't honking. I replaced all my fuses, but everytime i click the horn multiple times i blow other fuses, (one of the ones i named)

How do I get my horn back? And find the short? Where should I look?
please help! first car...
Triplej1414 is offline   Reply With Quote