the low-budget dd build thread!

leon

the low-budget dd build thread! updated 11/9

Ok, ill start from the begining. I was rockin a 93 civic hatch, ls swapped, full coilovers, slips, tucked, just started body work... when one day on the way home from work... BAM!... smashed from the back while turning into my buddys drivway... totalling the hatch.I thought I was getting a teg for sure from the insurance money... this was october 12th...

To this day I have yet to see a penny... and its not looking like I'm gonna. The kid that hit me lied... and its not looking good for me.. I'm fighting. So me being out a car, and missing a bunch of work due to being in the hospital... happened to fall during a mass layoff at my work... no money. No job. No car.

I posted up a wtb add on a local forum about me needing a crapass civic shell... nothing. Started to panic. My hatch still being in storage where it was towed to... slowly gaining in price, was up to 460 as of oct.28th... I couldn't take any parts off to sell and make money.

Got a txt asking if I still needed a shell. 94 acura integra ls, auto. 300. Looked pretty rough in pics. Decided to check it out the next day. Got my last $500 check in the mail. Next day, went to look at said integra. Looked beat. But I needed it. Told the guy 250. He took it. The deal was he'd get it to me, and he would take care of any tow fee. This was nov.6th, bout 9pm the tow truck showed up with the car, I signed papers, and was asked to pay the $135 tow fee.... called the seller, no answer. My buddy coughed up the 135 for me. The teg was dropped off.

Nov 7th, I was gone... all day, came back just before dark, givin me just enough light to yellow the high beams, and wash the bish up. Here's pics as of last night...

Turned out to be in better shape than I thought. Started to like it a lil more.

Last edited:

leon

Went out today, dicided to clean my engin bay up a bit. Took a lot longer that expected, due to me losing my 10mm sockets... so I was left with a wrench... here's a pic as of about 230pm. Wires will be tucked tomorrow.

Got to looking around more. Bent radiator support... sweet...

Should I worry about this??

Moved onto the firewall, found 2 cut steel lines, thought it was back brakes... nope. There are 2 lines going from perp. Valve to under car. Anybody know what these are?

Deleted power steering lines by plugging the rack with brass caps after filling with fluid. continued cleaning the fire wall and painted shady areas. Looked decent, sorry... no pic. finished just as it got dark.

leon

Oh, and here's the old hatch if anyone cares. It will be the donor car for a few of the parts.
Before...

Ignore the ghey clear corners...

After...

That dead looking thing in the drivers seat would be me... haha

The hatch is still sitting in storage... but I made a deal of 250 to get it out... just gotta come up with that. Haha

Joshmmc

Sorry to see what happened to your EG. That's why I never park my car on train tracks overnight.

leon

Sorry to see what happened to your EG. That's why I never park my car on train tracks overnight.
Oh ya? Well that train happened to be a 95 grand am that was attempting to pass me at 65mph as I was turning into my buddys driveway. Guess he didn't see my turn signal...

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Such a bummer. I hate irresponsible douche bags! assuming you are being honest. Gonna follow your build. Good luck with everything! -Aaron

leon

I'm being honest. You should read the police report... its all effed up... said driver lied through his teeth on the statement

sps21112

Sucks dude! Sorry bout the eg. As for the cut lines youll just have to trace them. I'll check my teg tomorrow and see were they go.

Last edited:

Rich-PMS

Wow, you're lucky! If you had a d16 you wouldn't have been as far foward, and you wouldve been hit in the door!

Sorry for my cruel humor.

mirrorimg

Those fees on storage/tow yards are excessive for the shear fact that they can claim the vehicle for themselves and sell it for scrap, or if in working order, to a used car lot.

I would have taken it out as soon as possible to prevent the majority of the storage fees that piled up. Good luck with everything. Looks like you're having a pretty rough time so far. The wheels on the hatch will probably pay off the majority of the amount owed if you can get it back.

leon

I would have taken it out as soon as possible to prevent the majority of the storage fees that piled up.
I wish I could have. For the first week I was in and out of the hospital, and not to mention I had just dumped most of my cash into the hatch and bills a few days prior. Quite inconvenient how it played out.