bad wheel bearing or axle

INtegraaa

hey guys i cant tell waht the problem is when ever im driving i can a sound coming from my driver side tire area its not like a scraping sound or grind. im not srue how to descirbe it but the faster i drive the more u hear it and its not constant but more so every rotation. i just had some shop replace the stud on my driver side so im hearing they could have blown out my wheel bearing and i also heard it could be my axle. also i can feel it when i brake it. now its got to the point that it feels like my car's tire is flat in one spot and keeps going over it thats just the feeling it puts off some times if ur driving it.

that is as much info as i can describe please helpme out

Gs-Rvtec

prolly the wheel bearing if it doesnt pop. usually if it pops its the axle. umm you could jack your car up and kinda lift and pull on the rim and see if it feels loose. it wont be like omg but you will feel like a little slight loose it it is the wheel bearing.

mdan9193

Mdan
I'm having the same problem, a lot of vibration under the front when I drive. I replaced the front two tires with new ones thinking it was that but it didn't help. Post an update if you fix the problem please!

INtegraaa

just the sound i hear while driving i can feel the vibartion when i brake

mjones73

I'm having the same problem, a lot of vibration under the front when I drive. I replaced the front two tires with new ones thinking it was that but it didn't help. Post an update if you fix the problem please!
At what speeds? Does it do it only when accelerating or all the time?

Last edited:

mdan9193

Mdan
At what speeds? Does it do it only when accelerating or all the time?
Mostly at around 40+ sometimes I hear it at slower speeds, just vibrating. I did an alignment, helped make it feel more stiff and replaced front two tires but the problem still persists. The car loves to follow the groves of the road. I had 3 people plus firestone check out my suspension they all said its "okay". When I leave the car at idle at a stop, I hear a little rattling sound from the front right side, I know for a fact its the springs. Would that have any play into the situation?

Just like the OP, when I brake it sort of studders.

mjones73

Mostly at around 40+ sometimes I hear it at slower speeds, just vibrating. I did an alignment, helped make it feel more stiff and replaced front two tires but the problem still persists. The car loves to follow the groves of the road. I had 3 people plus firestone check out my suspension they all said its "okay". When I leave the car at idle at a stop, I hear a little rattling sound from the front right side, I know for a fact its the springs. Would that have any play into the situation?

Just like the OP, when I brake it sort of studders.
I'd check for a bent hub/rim next, jack the care up, have someone spin the tire while mounted and see if it wobbles at all. If you're feeling it heavily under acceleration and it lets up when you let off the gas I'd check the inner CV joints.

I have the groove in the road problem, from what I've read, my rack and pinion needs adjusting, I've seen someone post the procedure from the acura service manual before. Basically there's some play in the rack and it's letting the wheels hunt around a bit before you feel it in the steering wheel.

As for the spring rattling, it's under constant pressure from the weight of the car, not sure how that's possible.

mdan9193

Mdan
When I get paid I will have someone replace the axles and post an update whether it fixed the problem or not. Thanks for the replies guys.